Which of these three settings would you prefer in TESVI?

#21HoonDingPosted 2/21/2013 7:26:04 PM
I'm surprised Valenwood+Elsweyr is taking more than half the vote. Then again, it's probably because it's two provinces, so twice as many people who would want them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yXWqGJNbErE
#22jessevalePosted 2/21/2013 7:44:14 PM
Valenwood and Elsweyr should not be combined, in this poll and in game. Neither are small, and even if they were, actual size of land really has nothing to do with content size, TES has proved this in the past.

Tl;dr: Elsweyr personally. Valenwood second, Hammerfell distant third. Summerset before Hammerfell if there's no prevalent Thalmor plot pertaining to Skyrim's.

There is far too much lore content within each province to combine them, at least unless we can be sure a combined province game wouldn't skimp on any of the details. Unlikely, even if you consider Bethesda to be a dedicated game developer with a desire to fulfill, budget and time and system constraints would all effect such ambition at this stage.

Of course if they had the power, combined provinces would be amazing to explore such diversity. They could throw you for a loop - late in a quest line, NPCs mention someone you must track escaping to a neighboring province, which in the past has meant the focus of the quest plot changes since you can't go to Cyrodiil in Skyrim. But all of a sudden they send you there anyway and you realize Bethesda added an entire unlockable province after that quest. That would be epic, basically how Rockstar (GTA, Red Dead) games unfold.

Idk, playing a game and thinking you've seen the majority of its offerings but realize half the game wasn't even active yet is always awesome, and good for ratings.
#23HoonDingPosted 2/21/2013 8:15:44 PM
Idk, playing a game and thinking you've seen the majority of its offerings but realize half the game wasn't even active yet is always awesome, and good for ratings.

I agree on the multiple provinces point, but locking out an entire province until you complete a certain quest would be ridiculous, and wouldn't jive with the open-world aspect, methinks.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yXWqGJNbErE
#24MalzelPosted 2/21/2013 8:30:00 PM
Elsweyr + Blackmarsh
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#25Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/21/2013 10:07:27 PM
My topic was better than this one

:P
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#26AddictedToXboxPosted 2/21/2013 10:22:29 PM
Hammerfell

I'd like to learn more about Yokudan culture, particularly the Left-Handed Elves. Plus, I'd like to know why the Ra'Gada have gods that cannot be recognized within the other pantheons.

I do worry that a mostly-desert environment would get boring, though.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#27GriffRobertsPosted 2/21/2013 10:32:54 PM
I do worry that a mostly-desert environment would get boring, though.

I'll chime in, since Hammerfell's landscape is something I've thought about way more than any sane person should. You know, people were worried before Skyrim was released, "isn't Skyrim just a frozen wasteland?". If anyone can make a boring sounding theme into something with variety and awesomeness, it's Bethesda.

Besides, it couldn't all be desert. We'd get some Skyrim-like environments on, you know, the Skyrim border. Maybe some more lush transitions in between the northern borders and the Alik'r, such as grasslands and plains. Great opportunity for coastal tropics, and some jungles. Maybe a bit more classic medieval environments, or savanna, along the border to Cyrodiil. And take it from me, not all deserts look the same anyways.

I hope they'd make the Alik'r Desert a terrifying zone with tons of difficult enemies in it, like what downtown D.C. was in Fallout 3.

I guess a big issue would be the replacement of Draugr crypts, with, well, mummy crypts. It might not be that much fun to go through a different flavor of crypt all the time again.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#28IamI3rianPosted 2/21/2013 10:38:11 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Besides, it couldn't all be desert. We'd get some Skyrim-like environments on, you know, the Skyrim border.

Without being a jerk, that's not really how deserts/mountains work. Just sayin...

GriffRoberts posted...
Maybe some more lush transitions in between the northern borders and the Alik'r, such as grasslands and plains. Great opportunity for coastal tropics, and some jungles. Maybe a bit more classic medieval environments, or savanna, along the border to Cyrodiil. And take it from me, not all deserts look the same anyways.

Now that would be pretty awesome. I don't know a ton about the Geography of Hammerfell, but I'd love to see a Beth Savanna/jungle. Make it happen!
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#29GriffRobertsPosted 2/21/2013 10:46:36 PM
Without being a jerk, that's not really how deserts/mountains work. Just sayin...

I know. I live in a desert. But Phoenix is just a few hours away from Flagstaff, driving. That's sort of the transition I'm thinking of, here. Elevation also plays a huge part in climate. I would imagine that the Alik'r Desert is at a much lower elevation than what's surrounding it; sort of like Death Valley, except in a fantasy video game. (speaking of elevation, isn't the entire Rift at a much higher elevation than the rest of Skyrim? I always got that vibe whenever I entered it.)

By the way, Arizona is a very pretty state. It's just full of idiots.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#30WhenZebrasgobadPosted 2/21/2013 10:54:21 PM
Beast races have been getting the crap end of the stick in like every TES game. As someone who rolls Khajit EVERY game I choose third option.
---
orc