Restoration question

#11GriffRobertsPosted 2/21/2013 10:22:30 PM
That's by far the slowest method to raise Resto, if it's valid. I'd assume it works the same as the health bar healing portion of the spell.

Either way, it's the slowest (painfully slow) way to do it. Trainers man. Trainers.

Just a side-thought: UESP says Destruction magic levels based on the cost of the spell (given a valid target), and not the damage dealt. Wouldn't the same apply to restoration spells, or is UESP just wrong about this?
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#12IamI3rianPosted 2/21/2013 10:35:13 PM
GriffRoberts posted...
Just a side-thought: UESP says Destruction magic levels based on the cost of the spell (given a valid target), and not the damage dealt. Wouldn't the same apply to restoration spells, or is UESP just wrong about this?

I've never done the research.... but it sounds like it's the same thing.

I'm 99% certain it's off 'potential base damage dealt' (or healed) and not off cost to cast.

However, cost to cast would explain why higher level spells level your skills up MUCH faster (but I suppose so would the other).

Either way, it amounts to about the same thing I think.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#13BigRobb2389Posted 2/21/2013 11:38:43 PM
You have to restore health in order to level restoration using healing spells.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#14GriffRobertsPosted 2/21/2013 11:56:17 PM
I've never done the research.... but it sounds like it's the same thing.

Not quite sure. If it was damage based, you'd level destruction faster with Flames and Augment Flames 2/2. If it was cost based, you could be doing the same amount of damage with Flames or Sparks, but Sparks would level it faster on account of costing more.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#15IamI3rianPosted 2/21/2013 11:59:16 PM
Yeah... I'm not about to test that. = D
---
#16GallieGallyPosted 2/22/2013 12:03:55 AM
Destruction is cost based. Rune spells do minimal damage but give lot of skill exp.

As for restoration, Casting Repel Undead may be the fastest way to level up. The spell hits multiple targets and each of them gives Restoration exp.
#17MrcTOtheJPosted 2/22/2013 12:09:03 AM
Okay okay, I don't like geting super off topic...but no one else see this guy's name.

HaloFan...not saying it's the same guy but anyone rember the whole Zapdos thing from back in the day?

That said, Restoration is nice, but I really have no methods to grind it, but it's useful, and kind of fun in those crypts...not to mention it's nice to be able to heal.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (PS3) Mass Effect 2 (Ps3 5th Run) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, GTAV
#18IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 12:14:42 AM
I think it's an homage, rather than the same dude. This guy's clearly played Skyrim before... for example. = D
---
#19MrcTOtheJPosted 2/22/2013 12:17:05 AM
IamI3rian posted...
I think it's an homage, rather than the same dude. This guy's clearly played Skyrim before... for example. = D

Yeah, lol.

Anyhow sorry for the minor thread Jack. That said if anyone does have any good grinding Methods for Restoration, I'd be happy as I have a Paladin build I'm going to start using again Next Week.

(Besides walk into a crypt and just cast spells on every Draugr I see)
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (PS3) Mass Effect 2 (Ps3 5th Run) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, GTAV
#20IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 12:50:00 AM
This is what I'm using for my paladin:

http://www.skyrimcalculator.com/#263673

^Final Pally Build

http://www.skyrimcalculator.com/#263670

^Current (playing this very minute actually... loving DBorn)

going with a greatsword AND a mace and shield setup (Dawnbreaker too). It's a ton of fun, and I find that being able to decide between big damage, and defensive play (with the shield) on the fly is awesome. If you're one of 'those' I suppose you could use a warhammer instead of the greatsword. You don't look like a dragonslayer though...

Additionally, I'm getting really good at making passes on my horse swinging my big freakin sword, like a knight. Wearing Steel plate armor and using Nordic Shield/mace/greatsword currently, in addition to Dawnbreaker. Loving the build, and I find that adding alteration to the mix (buffs/light/utility etc...) really makes the build shine. Sorry for hijacking even more. = )

FWIW I've gotten my resto up by training, and turning undead when I can. Training is remarkably cheap for a long time, and by the time it isn't you're swimming in money. Gotta join the college too, for spell access. Well, don't have to per se, but it helps.
---