I Want to Get Back Into Skyrim

#21IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 6:31:13 PM
Idziman posted...
IamI3rian posted...
Mixorz posted...
Lol kids defending their girlfriend.

He's cuter than yours. Besides, he's rich.

Are you talking about me? If so, thank you. If not, well then this is awkward.

Yup. Now give mama some $eptims.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#22Semi-AutomaticPosted 2/22/2013 6:33:44 PM
Your welcome.

As for the tree I guess it's the "Which element is your favorite game" ha.

Which everyone one you feel matches the personality/hair/or origin or character is always best. For a dark mage who is trying to take over holds and works with the Dark Brotherhood fire would make sense. For the Archmage of the coldest area of Skyrim, where it infinitely snows, I think ice would be awesome.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#23Idziman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:41:58 PM
So I should put most perks into Alteration? Should I get into Enchanting or Alchemy? What are some other robes I should look out for? Should I eventually get the spells added in DB? Am I asking too many noobish questions? I've played a lot of this game, just never a mage.
---
The only battle you truly lose is the one you run away from.
#24Semi-AutomaticPosted 2/22/2013 6:44:55 PM
Idziman posted...
So I should put most perks into Alteration? Should I get into Enchanting or Alchemy? What are some other robes I should look out for? Should I eventually get the spells added in DB? Am I asking too many noobish questions? I've played a lot of this game, just never a mage.

Because you will not be wearing armor(and I assume won't be getting dremora lord level summons) yes you will need to be high ALT, possibly master level. Your archmage robes should be your primary concern, if you have the money get the adept/novice/ ALT robes ASAP though for training and fighting. Didn't understand the last question?
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#25Idziman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:47:04 PM
Like Bound Dagger, Ash Spawn/Guardian, Poison Rune. The ones you can eventually buy off of Neloth's apprentice.
---
#26Semi-AutomaticPosted 2/22/2013 6:59:09 PM
Idziman posted...
Like Bound Dagger, Ash Spawn/Guardian, Poison Rune. The ones you can eventually buy off of Neloth's apprentice.

Ahh okay. And yes, if you feel you need them. Same goes for passive abilties, shouts, etc if you feel the strongest mage in Skyrim would use then get it. However, with this mindset you have to remain tame. I have seen people I've told this go and become Master level in every skill and try to use some kind of weird lighting-ice-fire mix and it just didn't work. It's very stupid as well. Ruining their characters trying to get "more power". The thing about magic is, it's more how you use it than what level you are. Getting "more" isn't neccasarily better unless it somehow benefits the characters playstyle. I've used successful character's who set up Rune traps in tight hallways and lured people in to create devastating off the wall traps. Combining these with already ingame traps like the blades of the spike wall only added to the damage dealt. So that was a really fun character. Very capable of holding his own as well.
---
#27Idziman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 7:26:32 PM
So if I should do Lost To the Ages, which artifact should I choose. Also, which Daedric quests/artifact would be the best. I plan on using a staff, so don't recommend any Daedric staves or say the Aetherial staff just because. So would the Aetherial Crown be good if I pair good mage oriented stones?
---
#28Semi-AutomaticPosted 2/22/2013 7:40:22 PM
Idziman posted...
So if I should do Lost To the Ages, which artifact should I choose. Also, which Daedric quests/artifact would be the best. I plan on using a staff, so don't recommend any Daedric staves or say the Aetherial staff just because. So would the Aetherial Crown be good if I pair good mage oriented stones?

All of that is preference on LttA. Not sure why you would need any artifacts other than collecting them, none benefit mages other than Vaermina and Sheogorath(sorta). Also yes as personal preference of my with the crown is the Ritual stone the crown with lovers..
---
#29Idziman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 7:58:36 PM
So for RP-ing purposes, would he have to be "pure" or could he almost be like Gandalf the Grey. So drinking (doing Sanguine's quest), being a wise man, yet having a sense of humor.
---
#30Idziman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 12:05:06 PM
I thought about what you said, and I think I have a good backstory:
Race: Breton, Name: Gondywyr Buckingsley
He came from a family of wealthy aristocrats in Wayrest. He had come from a family of pure Bretons, or so he had been told. He knew his heritage, he came from a Dunmer and Nord ancestry. He could tell, because at a young age, he could manipulate both ice and fire magic. He had always been fascinated by magic, especially conjuration. He travelled to Falkreath, home of a large graveyard, to ask if there was anywhere that mages could go to study. Nothing came up, but he could tell the local Nords were being hesitant on purpose. He decided to travel to a town called Helgen, to see if anyone there were likely to answer. While he was on the road, a couple of bandits jumped him. They kill his horse, but before they can advance, an arrow point is sticking through one of their foreheads. He falls lifeless to the ground, when two more arrows come flying. One takes the other bandit, the other catches Gondywyr in the arm. A couple of soldiers wearing blue cloth cuirasses jog up, inspecting the scene. They see Gondywyr, and they demand answers. Answers of the Imperial Legions movements. Gondywyr tries to explain who he is, but he realizes these soldiers are too stubborn. He's dragged to their camp, where he comes face to face with a blonde Nord with a strong voice. This man, Ulfric, understands, but scoffs at Gondywyr for being a milk drinking wizard. They continue on, with Gondywyr as a prisoner. They come to a fork in the road, when it happens. An ambush, led by another Nord. Gondywyr recognizes the uniforms, Imperial soldiers! He thinks he can finally explain, finally be let free. He struggles, but he can't escape. The skirmish finally ends, the Stormcloaks surrender, and Gondywyr tries to explain. But his pleas fall on deaf ears, for no one believes him. He taken in a cart, hands bound, to Helgen, the place he had wanted to go. But he's not going to ask questions, he's going to be executed.
---