Invading another world like you do in Dark Souls?

#1SonyNintendoFanPosted 2/22/2013 8:17:39 AM
Would that be a welcomed feature by the community?
#2JohnRyan1228Posted 2/22/2013 8:19:44 AM
What is that? Like multiplayer where you go into the world of another player. No,I don't want that
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#3themagicpainmanPosted 2/22/2013 8:21:19 AM
Depends.

Would you be able to interact with any part of the world besides the player?
Would you have to stay within a certain distance of the player?

I'm not sure how the invade thing completely works aside from you fight each other.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#4master_gamr1231Posted 2/22/2013 8:32:24 AM
Ugh, no. It's a royal pain in Dark Souls. Whenever I play that game, I enter a party chat alone so it forces me into offline mode and I don't have to deal with that s***.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#5master_gamr1231Posted 2/22/2013 8:34:21 AM
themagicpainman posted...
Depends.

Would you be able to interact with any part of the world besides the player?
Would you have to stay within a certain distance of the player?

I'm not sure how the invade thing completely works aside from you fight each other.

That's really all it is. You try to kill the person you invaded and the person you invaded tries to kill you. Whoever wins gets a little reward from the loser. Whoever loses loses all of the experience they've racked up so far and gets sent back to the last checkpoint. (although they can get the experience back if they can get back to where they died without dying again).
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#6themagicpainmanPosted 2/22/2013 8:35:39 AM
I'd do it just to stand in small doorways with a full magic resist/high armor character.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#7DocOdinePosted 2/22/2013 8:39:40 AM
master_gamr1231 posted...
Ugh, no. It's a royal pain in Dark Souls. Whenever I play that game, I enter a party chat alone so it forces me into offline mode and I don't have to deal with that s***.

This. I played the entire game never restoring my humanity because even at lower levels I'd get invaded by people I could barely damage. ****ing horrible mechanic.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#8CthulhuMessiahPosted 2/22/2013 3:49:33 PM
God no. One of the main reasons I quit that game was because I hated having incredibly high level people join my game and curb stomp me.
#9Necro_Fear89Posted 2/22/2013 3:52:58 PM
Nah, it wouldn't work for Elder Scrolls, although I do love the MP in the Souls series. Demon's Souls more-so that Dark Souls but I do love the Covenants in Dark Souls though, keep MP out of my Elder Scrolls, it's the only game I can sit down, relax and RP to my heart's content.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#10IronticsDragonLPosted 2/22/2013 3:57:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc
---
Atma Weapon is the most badass weapon in Final Fantasy 6
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL