Why is Skyrim still so popular?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Why is Skyrim still so popular?
4 years ago#1
I got tired of it after one playthrough.
4 years ago#2
It was over whelming my first attempt at playing
Took a year off
Got snowed in by 3 feet of snow
Burned out on Call of Duty
Downloaded this game
Discovered the magic of sneak + archery

Now in love with this game.
4 years ago#3
Because we aren't all like you?
Dwarf shortage.
4 years ago#4
Because it's one of the best games ever, IMO at least.

the options in play style are immense, the quests are infinite, the storylines are good - excellent, the environment is beautiful, the sense of accomplishment is high, the thrill level from sneak killing or for full on melee is great, beating a difficult dragon fight is awesome, customization, spells, crafting, simple exploration, etc. (i could probably go on for ages but you get the idea)
It really tied the room together....
4 years ago#5
JeffDudeL posted...

the options in play style are immense, the quests are infinite, the storylines are good - excellent, the environment is beautiful, the sense of accomplishment is high, the thrill level from sneak killing or for full on melee is great, beating a difficult dragon fight is awesome, customization, spells, crafting, simple exploration, etc. (i could probably go on for ages but you get the idea)

agreed
What is understood, Need not be discussed.
4 years ago#6
I feel sorry for you then. I have so much playtime in this game it probably cost me less than a penny per hour of amusement.
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
4 years ago#7
TheDude23 posted...
JeffDudeL posted...

agreed

agreed
If you try to fail and succeed, what happened?
If a turtle has no shell is it naked or homeless?
4 years ago#8
kingsiv posted...
I got tired of it after one playthrough.

Obvious troll thread is obvious. Go back to the COD boards and do this crap. We don't need it here.
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
4 years ago#9
because nothing better has come along yet?
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
4 years ago#10
Because there is so much too do. People like TC expect it to be a fast pace game but obviously is not a real Elder Scrools fan. Essentially you can have one character do every quest, side quest, objective, side job, etc. You can run a Mages' College, a Thieves Guild, an assassin brotherhood, a band of great werewolf warriors, and more. It all depends on how you play. Maybe you should try a thief, wizard, or archer (assuming you played a beatstick). I am playing a character that uses nothing but Dagger and bow. It's all on how you play. You can pretty much just immerse yourself. It's not meant to be a game you just play through. There's too many things to do for that.
Just so everyone knows, the plural of STAFF is STAVES
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Why is Skyrim still so popular?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived