Why is Skyrim still so popular?

#1kingsivPosted 2/22/2013 7:28:49 AM
I got tired of it after one playthrough.
#2NinjaDeath911Posted 2/22/2013 7:32:46 AM
It was over whelming my first attempt at playing
Took a year off
Got snowed in by 3 feet of snow
Burned out on Call of Duty
Downloaded this game
Discovered the magic of sneak + archery

Now in love with this game.
#3nathraxhPosted 2/22/2013 7:38:04 AM
Because we aren't all like you?
---
Dwarf shortage.
#4JeffDudeLPosted 2/22/2013 7:38:20 AM
Because it's one of the best games ever, IMO at least.

the options in play style are immense, the quests are infinite, the storylines are good - excellent, the environment is beautiful, the sense of accomplishment is high, the thrill level from sneak killing or for full on melee is great, beating a difficult dragon fight is awesome, customization, spells, crafting, simple exploration, etc. (i could probably go on for ages but you get the idea)
---
It really tied the room together....
#5TheDude23Posted 2/22/2013 7:40:33 AM
JeffDudeL posted...

the options in play style are immense, the quests are infinite, the storylines are good - excellent, the environment is beautiful, the sense of accomplishment is high, the thrill level from sneak killing or for full on melee is great, beating a difficult dragon fight is awesome, customization, spells, crafting, simple exploration, etc. (i could probably go on for ages but you get the idea)

agreed
---
What is understood, Need not be discussed.
#6DocOdinePosted 2/22/2013 7:42:19 AM
I feel sorry for you then. I have so much playtime in this game it probably cost me less than a penny per hour of amusement.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#7XXXFLUFFPosted 2/22/2013 8:11:24 AM
TheDude23 posted...
JeffDudeL posted...

agreed

agreed
---
If you try to fail and succeed, what happened?
If a turtle has no shell is it naked or homeless?
#8Semi-AutomaticPosted 2/22/2013 9:10:39 AM
kingsiv posted...
I got tired of it after one playthrough.

Obvious troll thread is obvious. Go back to the COD boards and do this crap. We don't need it here.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#9LockeadonPosted 2/22/2013 9:24:05 AM
because nothing better has come along yet?
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#10theBIGman53Posted 2/22/2013 9:42:03 AM
Because there is so much too do. People like TC expect it to be a fast pace game but obviously is not a real Elder Scrools fan. Essentially you can have one character do every quest, side quest, objective, side job, etc. You can run a Mages' College, a Thieves Guild, an assassin brotherhood, a band of great werewolf warriors, and more. It all depends on how you play. Maybe you should try a thief, wizard, or archer (assuming you played a beatstick). I am playing a character that uses nothing but Dagger and bow. It's all on how you play. You can pretty much just immerse yourself. It's not meant to be a game you just play through. There's too many things to do for that.
---
Just so everyone knows, the plural of STAFF is STAVES