Thalmor lore

#1sunbro1Posted 2/22/2013 8:12:57 AM
I know the Thalmor wish to ascend back into divine status, but are they also jealous of man. Akatosh or Auri-El gave man the gift of his blood which he did not bestow to the elves. Is this another potential reason why the high elves really hate man?
#2SephirothePosted 2/22/2013 8:15:19 AM
No. Elves have blood too. Go find one and hit it with a sword.
---
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." - Buddah
#3sunbro1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 8:17:18 AM
Sephirothe posted...
No. Elves have blood too. Go find one and hit it with a sword.

/facepalm
Can someone who understand the lore actually help me please?
#4DocOdinePosted 2/22/2013 8:26:55 AM
Probably more jealous of the dwemer for accomplishing it already and being an "inferior" breed.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#5sunbro1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 8:31:39 AM
DocOdine posted...
Probably more jealous of the dwemer for accomplishing it already and being an "inferior" breed.

The Dwemer became the skin of Numidium, which is pretty unrelated to my topic
#6silverhunter16Posted 2/22/2013 8:34:24 AM
I think it's because of Lorkhan, a hero to man, was able to trick the Aedra into giving their immortality away. So, by association, they hate man because of it.

I could be wrong, though.
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#7sunbro1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 8:40:37 AM
silverhunter16 posted...
I think it's because of Lorkhan, a hero to man, was able to trick the Aedra into giving their immortality away. So, by association, they hate man because of it.

Thats true but im just wondering if the AD is jelly that akatosh gave man his blood.
#8Brenz0rPosted 2/22/2013 8:43:51 AM
The Aka-Tusk is not Auri-El is Akatosh is not Auri-El is the Aka-Tusk.

And no, what I just said isn't a contradiction in TES. There are many Time Dragons that are not the same but are all the same Time Dragon.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#9silverhunter16Posted 2/22/2013 8:49:26 AM
sunbro1 posted...
silverhunter16 posted...

Thats true but im just wondering if the AD is jelly that akatosh gave man his blood.

The AD seems like a very vain and spiteful group that would find just about any reason to hate others and see them as a "lesser" race. So jealousy that their god gave man his blood is a complete possibility but probably not the main reason for the hatred.
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#10jessevalePosted 2/22/2013 8:51:17 AM
I think elves have the same blessings as man, nothing to support that by circumstantially, some did breed into the Septim line no? This would give them the dragon blood blessing. Can be confirmed if there were any half elven emperors who lit the fires.

I'm doubting this even as I write it, so don't be afraid to lore slap me.

Either way, AD are bitter about their 'humanity' regardless of its perks.