Thalmor lore

#41Gamer-ChrisPosted 2/22/2013 6:11:59 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Gamer-Chris posted...
That wasn't harsh if that's what you're implying. And if there was even a drop of hostility in that, it's because I'm used to you coming in and spitting on everyone because somehow you're always right (in your mind). You're right on this, if you want to get technical, but you do it regardless. Even when you're flat-out wrong and everyone's against you.

Except I'm never wrong, tbh.

My point proved.
---
I like video games.
#42sunbro1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:13:11 PM
He does use imperial library as one of his sources so its pretty hard to go wrong.
#43RebelElite791Posted 2/22/2013 6:21:50 PM(edited)
Gamer-Chris posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Gamer-Chris posted...
That wasn't harsh if that's what you're implying. And if there was even a drop of hostility in that, it's because I'm used to you coming in and spitting on everyone because somehow you're always right (in your mind). You're right on this, if you want to get technical, but you do it regardless. Even when you're flat-out wrong and everyone's against you.

Except I'm never wrong, tbh.

My point proved.

Mind linking one time I've ever been wrong about something lore-related that I said with certainty?
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#44sunbro1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:27:17 PM
I know i'm asking random question that have nought to do with my original topic but well you are one oth the most knowledgeable about tes here so anyways. A popular belief is that dwemer automatons are powered by soul gems however in the ruins of kemel-ze the author says they used frost magic to "cool its stem driven energy". Well is there any other evidence to point to either of these theories?
#45RebelElite791Posted 2/22/2013 6:30:10 PM
sunbro1 posted...
I know i'm asking random question that have nought to do with my original topic but well you are one oth the most knowledgeable about tes here so anyways. A popular belief is that dwemer automatons are powered by soul gems however in the ruins of kemel-ze the author says they used frost magic to "cool its stem driven energy". Well is there any other evidence to point to either of these theories?

Not that I know of. I mean they're obviously steam-engine-driven, but the soul gem thing seems to just be a theory, and likely an incorrect one.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#46Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/23/2013 5:21:22 AM
So the lore makes the dietys be rather vague, with them being the same/yet different for they are legion. And there are no half races in the game even though you could still consider them half one race, and half the other.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#47Wings of FortePosted 2/23/2013 11:15:49 AM
sunbro1 posted...

---
Research Notes
by Sulla Trebatius
Research notes on the discovery of Dwarven Spider Automatons.

If only Umani would have left one of these Dwarven machine creatures intact for me to study. The fact that they almost killed those Khajiit brothers in the middle of the night doesn't mean we couldn't have found a way to disable one. We dragged some stuff in front of the pipes they came out of to stop them from coming back.

They are simply fascinating! It is just as Calcelmo described in Dwarves, v2. Their appearance does, in fact, resemble that of an arachnid. I had thought that to be an embellishment given by his source. The inclusion of the soul gem into the design of the apparatus is quite remarkable. It could explain the focus for the lightning that he describes.

Oddly enough it doesn't appear to be the main power source for the apparatus.
Perhaps some sort of harmonic resonance with the energies contained in the soul gem to bring heat to a small boiler? Too early to say conclusively. That does raise the question of where they get the liquid for the boiler however.

Huh, that was strange. I thought I just saw something moving beyond the barred door. It looked vaguely humanoid. I wonder if it could be an undiscovered automaton? I'm going to move my bedroll down here to see if I can catch another glimpse of it. This is all so exciting!
----

Pretty much a second confirmation that the soul gem functions as something other than a power source for Animunculi. Sulla thinks it is part of the engine, the catalyst for the steam process. Personally, I think it is a processing unit, the machine's brain.
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#48Sithis791Posted 2/23/2013 4:30:22 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
So the lore makes the dietys be rather vague, with them being the same/yet different for they are legion. And there are no half races in the game even though you could still consider them half one race, and half the other.

You'd be wrong to consider them that, though.

And the deities aren't really that vague in most cases.
---
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
http://i.imgur.com/WvjWH.gif http://i.imgur.com/ORain.jpg
#49forrestzK08Posted 2/23/2013 4:53:35 PM
Same reason Hitler hated the jews. Their leader blames man for him not getting into a fancy Imperial art school. He also blames humans for the defeat of his people by the Empire (which is actually true in this case) Finally it is belived that as a child the Thalmor leader had a crush on a human school mate but she rejected him.
---
Sorry about any spelling mistakes. Most of my posts are from my phone when I'm bored at work.