If I'm rp'ing as a "good guy" should I side with the Vampires or Dawnguard?

#1RiokenPosted 2/22/2013 9:02:27 PM
In the Dawnguard DLC, I want to know which side is considered "good" and "bad" as I'm role playing as a "good natured" character.

I just freed Serana and can already see my character sympathizing with her/trying to save her somehow even if the vamps turn out to be pure evil.

The Dawnguard's position/reasoning just seems so static (Vampires are bad so we must kill them...).

I'm not really worried about gear or whatnot because I already know you can become a Vampire lord (my main interest in this DLC) regardless of which side you pick.

If I'm trying to play as a hero, not a villain, which side should I go with?
---
~Pokemon Soul Silver Friend Code:0260 2924 1255~
~Pokemon White Friend Code:4598 8780 9212~
#2IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 9:05:44 PM
Do what feels right for you/your character and you won't go wrong.

Incidentally, if you're ever considering playing a character who gets 'corrupted' and turns evil, that seems like a good way. = D
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#3Rioken(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:11:03 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Do what feels right for you/your character and you won't go wrong.

Incidentally, if you're ever considering playing a character who gets 'corrupted' and turns evil, that seems like a good way. = D

I will but I'm having a hard time because I don't want to unknowingly make any decisions that sets my path in stone in a way I don't want.

I mean to my understanding I've already heard from trailers that the vamps want to block out the sun which....sounds evil whatever way you cut it.

Dawnguard doesn't give a flying fudgecake if there are innocent/good natured vampires like Serana around, they're all meat/targets to them (ironic because that's how they feel vampires see mortals).

How does Serana feel about Harkon's/vampire's plans for the sun? Does she side with them?
---
~Pokemon Soul Silver Friend Code:0260 2924 1255~
~Pokemon White Friend Code:4598 8780 9212~
#4NathypantsPosted 2/22/2013 9:16:03 PM
Well... the Dawnguard is the "righteous" side, so it'd make more sense for you to join them., They're for protecting the population and all that jazz.

The Vampires, however, kinda wanna take over the world and lots of their missions involve killing innocents and the like.

I'd personally go Dawnguard, but you can always perceive events differently in your mind. For instance, you want to protect Serana from the Dawnguard so you join the vampires with the intent to stop them from the inside.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#5IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 9:16:26 PM
PS3 here, so I'm really not gonna be any help.

However... isn't a decent helping of a shade of gray a good thing?

Too many quests in Skyrim are cut and dry. Having more than Saadia (which isn't even gray... just a matter of opinion who's right) and the civil war (which is easily argued that both sides are equally right/wrong) is a good thing no?

That said, again I'm not certain. I haven't played through them yet... though I'm almost certain siding with the vampires is not a 'good guy' option really.
---
#6thekosmicfool part 2Posted 2/22/2013 9:17:10 PM
The vamps are pretty evil. Hang around their castle and you'll see that.

Sure, the Dawnguard makes little distinction between good and bad vampires, but at least they don't eat people.
---
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#7NathypantsPosted 2/22/2013 9:22:51 PM
Oi, Brian.

I thought the DLC came out on PS3?

Unless you just haven't got around to playing it yet.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#8IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 9:37:51 PM
We don't get Dawnguard til Tuesday. I've got Hearthfire and Dragonborn though. = D

I'm playing Dragonborn right now actually.
---
#9turn_basedPosted 2/22/2013 10:14:44 PM
Dawnguard and Alikr = Good

Bloodsuckers and Bianca = Evil

So simple, people, sooooo simple.
#10MrcTOtheJPosted 2/22/2013 10:17:47 PM
Let's see Vamps trying to blot out the sun, and take over?

Or people killing said vamps trying to blot out the sun and take over?

That said yeah they are a bit black and white about it but that's okay. Any ways while they're a bit hostile towards Serana they grow to deal with her if not really accept her.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (PS3) Mass Effect 2 (Ps3 5th Run) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, GTAV, LR:FFXIII