If I'm rp'ing as a "good guy" should I side with the Vampires or Dawnguard?

#11jman427Posted 2/22/2013 11:20:40 PM
Dawnguard only have you hunt vampires.

Vampires have side quests where you must kill an innocent in broad daylight to scare the populace.
---
no?
#12turn_basedPosted 2/22/2013 11:22:01 PM
I heard you can kill Serana. If I ever download that rude, intrusive, and poorly written dlc I'm gonna trash her bloodsuckin face fer good, y'all!
#13IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 11:23:12 PM
turn_based posted...
If I ever download that rude, intrusive, and poorly written dlc I'm gonna trash her bloodsuckin face fer good, y'all!

Huh?
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#14HatchetHoundPosted 2/23/2013 12:35:47 AM
You don't have to do side quests as a Vampire if you don't want to do be evil. Some of the (bad) player dialogue still shoves you in the evil direction, though, but I guess you could ignore it if you wanted.

I heard you can kill Serana. If I ever download that rude, intrusive, and poorly written dlc I'm gonna trash her bloodsuckin face fer good, y'all!

Unless there's some glitch, you can't.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#15AdriGodPosted 2/23/2013 12:46:17 AM
If you're "rp'ing", just play the game and see where your role takes you :)

Also, it becomes apparent who the bad guys are before any major choices are made.
#16A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 2/23/2013 12:58:38 AM(edited)
Introducing the idea of nonpolar morality and the Machiavellian thesis undermines your very effort to make a "good guy" character, does it not?

Edit: part of the idea of roleplay is that you don't know everything all of the time. You just have to go with your gut, "good guy" instincts. I would assume going with your gut "good guy instincts" it should be evident that the Dawnguard are the more right according to western culture (and any culture that I can think of for that matter). You can kinda play the Volkihar vampire clan as a good guy, but a righteous vampire is pretty much a walking oxymoron and EXTREMELY Machiavellian.

then again the basic plot of Dawnguard from the volkihar side is something you've seen before, it's pretty much standard faerie tale fare. The beautiful princess is kidnapped and you rescue her, as thanks the king makes you a knight in his court, but as it turns out the king isn't so nice after all, and wants to take over the world. You and the beautiful princess use the power of love to stop the evil king's plan, and then live happily ever after, oh and you also eat people.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#17SchesparnPosted 2/23/2013 12:52:29 AM
You can kinda see where the Dawnguard are coming from, though, zealotry and all. How many good (or even neutral) vampires have you ever met in an Elder Scrolls game? Compared to the number of straight-up evil ones, I mean. I'd be willing to bet it's not even 99:1.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#18IamI3rianPosted 2/23/2013 12:53:12 AM
A_Dirty_Liberal posted...
Introducing the idea of nonpolar morality and the Machiavellian thesis undermines your very effort to make a "good guy" character, does it not?

I was RPing a Paladin in a D&D game once. Level 1, no eraser marks on the character sheet yet.

So we were attacked by goblins. The last one surrendered. Turns out, I had no handy dandy prison. = D

So yeah... that was the last time I even attempted to RP a paladin in a D&D game.

What do you do? Goblins are inherently evil, so kill it? Defenseless and tied up like that? Give him his weapons back, and finish him off? The little bugger surrendered. Can't very well let him go. It's not like they have trials for goblins in the nearby village.

Wat do?

Easy answer... kill him and play a death knight. X D
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#19A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 2/23/2013 1:01:32 AM
Also people on this board often seem to confuse the terms "nice" as in how their manners, and how they talk to you, and the terms "good" as in a greater moral alignment.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#20turn_basedPosted 2/23/2013 2:39:29 AM
IamI3rian posted...
turn_based posted...
If I ever download that rude, intrusive, and poorly written dlc I'm gonna trash her bloodsuckin face fer good, y'all!

Huh?

Out of the 3 dlc, Dawnguard is the most intrusive. After the 'ooh' and 'ahh' some may realize it really does SUCK. Quite a few have complained about the shoehorn storytelling, (par for the course in Skyrim, I know,) 'in-depth' character not really deep, random blood sucker attacks killing likable npcs like Adrianna, the Soul Cairn being a virtual purgatory, etc.

You'll see for yourself. Me? I just downloaded Dragonborn again and I think I'll just stick with that, it 'fits' my Skyrim.

Oh, and darkportal said he killed Serana as a werewolf. True or not? Dunno, but I'd see no reason why you can't upon completion.

:1