Would I enjoy Oblivion?

#1A3QU1TASPosted 2/22/2013 9:54:40 PM
Skyrim was my first ES game and I love it. Still continually playing it even though I have basically done everything in the game it seems.

Was starting to look into oblivion, and thinking of getting it for my 360. The one with all the DLC's.

I don't mind older graphics, but how is the gameplay itself for someone who came into the ES universe with Skyrim?
---
Gamertag- I A3QU1TAS I
#2TheApd_ReturnsPosted 2/22/2013 9:56:21 PM
Oblivion is really bland, and the RPG mechanics would likely frighten you after the sensible changes Skyrim made
#3A3QU1TAS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:57:03 PM
Also, typically I prefer to use stealth and archery. However I am open to all kinds of gameplay to be honest.
---
Gamertag- I A3QU1TAS I
#4A3QU1TAS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:57:28 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Oblivion is really bland, and the RPG mechanics would likely frighten you after the sensible changes Skyrim made

Like what?
---
Gamertag- I A3QU1TAS I
#5Justin2KrelianPosted 2/22/2013 10:00:31 PM
The Thieves Guild in Oblivion utilizes stealth far better than the one in Skyrim.
#6MagnifikonPosted 2/22/2013 10:02:03 PM
Oblivion was an awesome game, spent many hours playing it. Don't know how it would be playing it after this. I tried playing Morrowind after oblivion and didn't get more than an hour before I had to quit.
#7A3QU1TAS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 10:04:49 PM
Magnifikon posted...
Oblivion was an awesome game, spent many hours playing it. Don't know how it would be playing it after this. I tried playing Morrowind after oblivion and didn't get more than an hour before I had to quit.

The thing is, Oblivion would all be new to me
---
Gamertag- I A3QU1TAS I
#8IamI3rianPosted 2/22/2013 10:16:21 PM
Going backwards is kinda tough.

Either way, Oblivion is a great game (except for Oblivion... oddly enough).

Here's some serious advice. Use the difficulty slider. Anyone who tells you the leveling system sucks, so the game sucks is wrong. They are simply too stubborn to move the slider around to maintain their desired difficulty.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#9MagnifikonPosted 2/22/2013 10:18:25 PM
A3QU1TAS posted...
Magnifikon posted...

The thing is, Oblivion would all be new to me

Yeah no it's an awesome game, was just thinking graphics wise.
#10Gold25onePosted 2/22/2013 10:29:48 PM
Play morrowind my friend much better game and more content hell i even prefer the combat since it feels like an RPG and if you set up your character right from the beginning you wont even be missing.