Worst Singer in Skyrim

#1ryan-stocksPosted 2/23/2013 7:38:28 AM
So my character was at the Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar talking to the priest, Erandur, when I heard the most awful , disturbing rendition of "Ragnar The Red" being sung behind me. I turned around and saw none other than the red-haired bardess, Karita. The stranger part of this story was that the people staying at the inn clapped wildly for her after she was done. After hearing her sing, I have come to the conclusion that she must be the worst singer in Skyrim. Can anybody name any other NPCs who have just awful voices. Please share and please go find Karita so you know what I am talking about.
#2Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/23/2013 7:44:28 AM
ryan-stocks posted...
So my character was at the Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar talking to the priest, Erandur, when I heard the most awful , disturbing rendition of "Ragnar The Red" being sung behind me. I turned around and saw none other than the red-haired bardess, Karita. The stranger part of this story was that the people staying at the inn clapped wildly for her after she was done. After hearing her sing, I have come to the conclusion that she must be the worst singer in Skyrim. Can anybody name any other NPCs who have just awful voices. Please share and please go find Karita so you know what I am talking about.

You forgot to also mention that the people at that inn are tone deaf.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#3HoonDingPosted 2/23/2013 7:44:47 AM
What was the name of the Orc bard? The one that was so bad, multiple people put a hit out on him? Lurbuk?
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#4SoulOfFaythPosted 2/23/2013 7:57:17 AM
Yeah, Lurbuk.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#5JohnRyan1228Posted 2/23/2013 8:01:00 AM
Ragnar was boastful no MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#6Necro_Fear89Posted 2/23/2013 8:10:01 AM
HoonDing posted...
What was the name of the Orc bard? The one that was so bad, multiple people put a hit out on him? Lurbuk?

That's different, he was bad because he was meant to be bad. Some of the bards in the taverns are just bad because they can't sing at all. It's like they got anyone they could find to just sing the songs in-game and didn't worry if it sounded good or not.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#7obishawnPosted 2/23/2013 9:09:24 AM
I came here to answer, "That chick in Dawnstar" even before reading the opening post. She reminds me of Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MagCoUYvIXE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---
Winter is coming
#8Brenz0rPosted 2/23/2013 9:12:49 AM
ryan-stocks posted...
The stranger part of this story was that the people staying at the inn clapped wildly for her after she was done. After hearing her sing, I have come to the conclusion that she must be the worst singer in Skyrim. Can anybody name any other NPCs who have just awful voices. Please share and please go find Karita so you know what I am talking about.

You saw her dress, right? There's a reason that they're clapping, and it has nothing to do with her voice.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#9TurboReaperPosted 2/23/2013 9:15:20 AM
Worse singer in Skyrim? Probably the Dovahkiin, at least mine anyways. He joined the Bard's College, but can't play any instrument. He can't sing because every time he opens his mouth people are either blown away, set on fire, frozen, or drained of their vital life essence.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#10nathraxhPosted 2/23/2013 9:20:12 AM
On the few occasions I heard Lurbuk play/sing, I didn't think he was that bad. But yeah, some of the female singers really are quite bad.

My personal favourite singer is the Skald in Markarth. His voice just has the necessary quality for the songs he sings.
---
Dwarf shortage.