Opinions about Vampirism

#1Gamer-ChrisPosted 2/23/2013 12:03:06 PM
Vampire Lord aside, is it worth it?
---
I like video games.
#2TwoBladesOneBowPosted 2/23/2013 12:15:58 PM(edited)
Yes. I have yet to use necromage and I still say it's worth it. But, it depends on the build. Alchemy or enchanting can easily take away the negative stuff of being a vampire. And even then you just have to pick your battles. Also, find regular places to feed where you won't run into too much trouble if your plans fail. Isolated inns are great places.
#3Gamer-Chris(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:06:16 PM
I'd like some reasons why you think it's worth it. So far I don't feel it's helping me much, and it's becoming a bit of annoyance that I'm weak during daytime so I have to run around Skyrim hoarding abilities that counter the effects.
---
I like video games.
#4nathraxhPosted 2/23/2013 12:06:24 PM
Vampire Lord aside? Maybe not, though some people would say yes just for those few powers, or because they like to roleplay as vampires.

For me, it wouldn't be worth it without Vampire Lord.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#5FMLGPosted 2/23/2013 12:07:01 PM
For the Role Playing aspec yes. Power-gaming wise yes because of necromage.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#6SchraiberPosted 2/23/2013 12:08:46 PM
WIth Dawnguard there are literally no downsides, besides that you have to pretend that the game is Morrowind when you're out during the day (no regenerating health or magic). So I they are awesome.
---
\m/LOVEFUL WAVES\m/
AIM: Dudely Snake
#7LiqiudusSnakePosted 2/23/2013 12:09:26 PM
No, necro is nice, but its more annoying then its worth. Go Hybrid or go home.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#8Gamer-Chris(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:16:49 PM
Well, see.. that's the thing. I haven't bought Dawnguard. Right now I'm debating whether I should just get it cured, or keep it for roleplaying purposes ('cause I honestly don't feel it's helping me at all).
---
I like video games.
#9Belgarion05Posted 2/23/2013 12:41:41 PM
I would take it for the necromage benefits, and then get cured. I don't like having to avoid the day time. I don't like running around in the dark, so avoiding the daylight is balls.
---
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
#10DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 2/23/2013 12:42:46 PM
The 100% Disease/Poison resistance is nice for removing those particular annoyances of gameplay, but only if you have Dawnguard which removes the whole "get attacked at stage 4" thing.

Aside from that, the gameplay benefits aren't really worth it unless you play a illusionist or sneak-based character. With Dawnguard it's nice if you want to make a non-combat skill-based character as Vampire Lord form gives you a reliable way to fight, but since you don't have Dawnguard...