Do you guys like the "dumbed down" skills in this game..

#1Minjo26Posted 2/23/2013 3:16:53 PM
I haven't played Skyrim in a while, so I've had some time to clear out a lot of my biased thoughts. When the game first came out, I loved the new simple skill system, and felt much more relaxed playing through the game knowing I don't have to worry about "messing up" any of my stats...

But now thinking back on my Morrowind vs Skyrim experiences, I think I appreciated my struggles throughout my Morrowind journey much more.
#2nathraxhPosted 2/23/2013 3:30:48 PM
When you got a build just right in Morrowind, you felt like you'd achieved something awesome. Now you feel like the kid who worked out the square peg goes in the square hole.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#3Fate_AssassinPosted 2/23/2013 3:31:46 PM
I like it this way. You even said it yourself now you are more relaxed playing and you don't have to worry about screwing up your stats. The way they have it now we can play a more natural way without having to worry about getting bonuses in our stats.

Now if people want to focus on using what would give them the best bonuses, they can focus on playing in a more natural way.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
3/13/2013, shipment date
#4Gold25onePosted 2/23/2013 3:33:53 PM
Morrowind was far better, much more rewarding
#5Perma-n00bPosted 2/23/2013 3:56:50 PM
Gold25one posted...

Rewarding? Since half the skills were useless I find this doubtful.
#6Mortiis33Posted 2/23/2013 3:58:35 PM
I don't have a problem with the skill and perk system for what it is. I do however take issue with how overly simplified and straightforward it is. There's no higher mystery any more, simply put. The fact that you can view the entirety of all the skill trees from the start of the game proves this.
---
"Non Timetis Messor..."
#7ShockWav3Posted 2/23/2013 4:12:41 PM
Perma-n00b posted...
Gold25one posted...

Rewarding? Since half the skills were useless I find this doubtful.

Please name these skills. Don't worry, we'll wait...
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#8xoxoJoshyPosted 2/23/2013 4:20:29 PM
Morrowind got it right. Even without focusing on what skills you were leveling you never felt gimped even on hard, but the bonuses were there and it was a nice treat to see them. Of course you could go hardcore with your minmaxing if you wanted to as well.

Oblivion messed up the leveling system all to hell

the only good thing about skyrim is the perk selection, playing on hard on this game is super hard for some classes thanks to random dragons
---
Want to see how to get a bunch of people to talk to you?
I'll tell you when 50 people ask me to. Current count : 43 (g',')g
#9DocBacon93Posted 2/23/2013 4:22:33 PM
No, I really prefer the class system, it is why my two characters are Pure Stealth and Pure Magic. Unfortunately you need to be level 70 to see legendary dragons so the game forces you to dabble in everything.

I liked how a character was strong in some areas and weak in others, now every character is a demi god with no uniqueness, and thats stupid
#10theonyxphoenixPosted 2/23/2013 4:43:29 PM
yes
---
Posted using GameFlux