How do I go about not dying as a werewolf?

#11TurboReaperPosted 2/24/2013 9:24:09 AM
Abuse sprinting power attacks and uppercuts. Sprinting power attacks as a werewolf are devastating. The uppercut can be done while moving, and is a great way to take a tougher enemy out of the fight for a few seconds, and to land several free hits. Also, prioritize the magic users, they die fast but can kill you just as quickly if you ignore them.

You can roar, by default this terrifies enemies. Use this to scatter them and pick off those who resisted. Terrified enemies won't fight, so it's a good way to get easy kills without taking much, or any damage.

You can get different totems to give your roar different effects, but I prefer to keep the default roar myself. Works great for me.

Might not be the best advice, but that's what I found to work for my specific style.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath
#12chaos_emperorPosted 2/24/2013 9:24:38 AM
The best way to fight people as a werewolf is to use your speed to get away from a group of enemies and pick them off 1 by one by sprinting through, knocking one down, then running away again. If you try and take on a mob of enemies just by whacking them ceaselessly you will get killed in no time.

The werewolf really shines in one-on-one battles due to the knockdown ability. Most enemies are not immune to this effect and while its cheesy it makes fights like this a breeze.
#13TwoBladesOneBowPosted 2/24/2013 10:07:37 AM
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
Lycanthropy's only purpose in the game is free disease immunity, nothing else. If you want a "combat form", go for Vampire Lord instead, that form doesn't lock you into a un-cancelable form with no means of defense or reliable healing, VL also has a ranged attack so anything that can fly or throw ice spikes doesn't pot-shot you to death. Also VL abilities don't suck. Lycanthropy is a "gimmick" at best and the rag-doll effect sucks unless you're fighting something one on one, even then 90% of the time you're just better as a human where you have actual armor and a greater range of options (shouts, spells, ect) to turn things in your favor.

Anyway, the answer of how not to die as a werewolf is to either not use it or become a vampire instead. Like, it's cool if you're playing the game on easy or REALLY into roleplaying, but mechanics-wise it's just a complete waste. Even after all the DLC "buffs" they slapped on to it trying (and failing) to make it salvageable past level 10, it's still garbage until it gets a way to be turned on and off at will (without waiting) and gets passive bonuses or SOMETHING to make it different from what can easily be achieved (and surpassed) by regular equipment.

Really? I've never felt this way when I used beast form to decimate giants, dragons, and Harkon.
#14SurAztekaPosted 2/24/2013 10:44:40 AM
ROFLzombie9001 posted...
I've never really played as a werewolf before, I've just become one but it seems way more useless than just being in normal form. It seems to have way less defense than just wearing armor and you cant heal in the middle of a battle since I would just get killed while feeding. Is there any tips on survivability? Thanks
---

if you press B when you begin feeding, you back out of the feeding cut scene but still get the health
---
.EsePaco:.
#15wahabwasimPosted 2/24/2013 12:49:37 PM
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
Lycanthropy's only purpose in the game is free disease immunity, nothing else. If you want a "combat form", go for Vampire Lord instead, that form doesn't lock you into a un-cancelable form with no means of defense or reliable healing, VL also has a ranged attack so anything that can fly or throw ice spikes doesn't pot-shot you to death. Also VL abilities don't suck. Lycanthropy is a "gimmick" at best and the rag-doll effect sucks unless you're fighting something one on one, even then 90% of the time you're just better as a human where you have actual armor and a greater range of options (shouts, spells, ect) to turn things in your favor.

Anyway, the answer of how not to die as a werewolf is to either not use it or become a vampire instead. Like, it's cool if you're playing the game on easy or REALLY into roleplaying, but mechanics-wise it's just a complete waste. Even after all the DLC "buffs" they slapped on to it trying (and failing) to make it salvageable past level 10, it's still garbage until it gets a way to be turned on and off at will (without waiting) and gets passive bonuses or SOMETHING to make it different from what can easily be achieved (and surpassed) by regular equipment.

Really? I've never felt this way when I used beast form to decimate giants, dragons, and Harkon.

true,im using a fully perked werewolf without any alteration spells on master difficulty and i manage to take out most enemies without worrying about getting killed(only true challenge are the legendary dragons) other than that i dont consider it a waste.I have played as vampire lord and am not fond of it,my werewolf can take alot more beating.
#16LockeadonPosted 2/24/2013 1:11:44 PM
wahabwasim posted...
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...

true,im using a fully perked werewolf without any alteration spells on master difficulty and i manage to take out most enemies without worrying about getting killed(only true challenge are the legendary dragons) other than that i dont consider it a waste.I have played as vampire lord and am not fond of it,my werewolf can take alot more beating.

if you think the vl has less survivability then the werewolf you are using it wrong. dl and the bite power attack both drain life from enemies and most of the vls other abilities are great for crowd control and/or decent damage all of which makes them very hard to kill.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#17VeezaraPosted 2/24/2013 1:27:57 PM
Feeding of corpses heals a werewolf. They aren't very good against undead because they can't feed on falled undead, not even vampires. Having said that having werewolf blood makes you immune to vampirism so being a werewold not in beast form is useful for doing Dawnguard missions. Beast form can be pretty powerful. I got a job from a Jarl to kill a giant. A charge attack pretty much anihilated it then I quickly dispatched a second one.
#18coolguy12325Posted 2/24/2013 1:37:08 PM
Howl constantly. Howl right after you start to feed to gain the benefits but cancel the animation. Use knockdown attacks on enemies that won't run from your howls.
#19wahabwasimPosted 2/24/2013 5:02:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20Curved_Sw0rdPosted 2/24/2013 5:05:39 PM
Strike first
---
If Early day, or Late at night, It's not my problem, I'll be alright.
No cause you name, is worth the fight. But if I'm bored, then yeah, I might.