All Hail King Joffrey!!!

#61Cast_SupremacyPosted 2/25/2013 2:12:07 AM
Bossk791 posted...
masterpug53 posted...
Bossk791 posted...
Wtf. How do people possibly hate that character? =/

If you're referring to Catelyn, I don't hate her so much as I thought she eventually deserved to die for the stupidity of playing right into Littlefinger's hand and triggering the whole war by kidnapping Tyrion. A laundry list of additional things (her loathing of Jon Snow, the overbearing-mother act she pulls on Robb throughout the war, her releasing of Jaime) kind of cemented her as a character that deserved a knife across her throat eventually. I pegged Robb as a tragic character early-on, and wasn't surprised at his death, but I was very surprised and pleased when she bit it right alongside him. Of course, of all the characters to resurrect, she's the one that comes back as a zombie, and she pretty much shows her true *****y colors once she does.

So that's my feelings on that particular character in a nutshell.

Mmm, you have a point with some of those, but I really, REALLY don't think that Uncat's behavior can be tied to her behavior in life in any way. We know multiple resurrections can change one's personality, but she was flat-out dead for multiple days before Beric brought her back, and even Thoros told him not to, because they didn't know what it would do rez her after so much time. I don't think Uncat's actions/personality can be tied to Cat's. Kinda like the people in Pet Sematary after they're rezzed, just a hollower, crueler shade of their former self.

Gogo long box of darkness!

I'm wondering what that one word Brienne said to resurrected Cat was that stopped her getting hanged. I'm guessing Sansa or Arya but not sure which
#62Sithis791Posted 2/25/2013 2:14:34 AM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
Bossk791 posted...
masterpug53 posted...
Bossk791 posted...
Wtf. How do people possibly hate that character? =/

If you're referring to Catelyn, I don't hate her so much as I thought she eventually deserved to die for the stupidity of playing right into Littlefinger's hand and triggering the whole war by kidnapping Tyrion. A laundry list of additional things (her loathing of Jon Snow, the overbearing-mother act she pulls on Robb throughout the war, her releasing of Jaime) kind of cemented her as a character that deserved a knife across her throat eventually. I pegged Robb as a tragic character early-on, and wasn't surprised at his death, but I was very surprised and pleased when she bit it right alongside him. Of course, of all the characters to resurrect, she's the one that comes back as a zombie, and she pretty much shows her true *****y colors once she does.

So that's my feelings on that particular character in a nutshell.

Mmm, you have a point with some of those, but I really, REALLY don't think that Uncat's behavior can be tied to her behavior in life in any way. We know multiple resurrections can change one's personality, but she was flat-out dead for multiple days before Beric brought her back, and even Thoros told him not to, because they didn't know what it would do rez her after so much time. I don't think Uncat's actions/personality can be tied to Cat's. Kinda like the people in Pet Sematary after they're rezzed, just a hollower, crueler shade of their former self.

Gogo long box of darkness!

I'm wondering what that one word Brienne said to resurrected Cat was that stopped her getting hanged. I'm guessing Sansa or Arya but not sure which

I'd guess Arya. Didn't the Elder Brother tell her it was her with the Hound and not Sansa? I feel like someone told her that
---
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
http://i.imgur.com/WvjWH.gif http://i.imgur.com/ORain.jpg
#63Ajd_KingPosted 2/25/2013 2:59:59 AM
Seriously? That word is so obvious.

It's 'Sword'.
---
"Stannis... in spite of everything, he is a righteous man."
- GRRM.
#64Ajd_KingPosted 2/25/2013 3:04:51 AM
lordgamingtonV posted...
Jon gets stabbed at the end of the fifth book. At least a half a dozen times. Daenerys is pooping a mixture of blood and intestines with a tiny bit of stool and possibly afterbirth, depending on how you take the implications. Arya is the only one that isn't getting a slow and painful death, and she's well on her way to losing all of her identity so she can become a faceless man (yes, the word man is genderless here.)

Jon won't die. He's the Last Hero or Azor Ahai (whichever one you think is the good guy).

Dany won't die until she's reached Westeros. Her entire plot would be wasted otherwise.

---
- GRRM.
#65Cast_SupremacyPosted 2/25/2013 3:11:19 AM
Anyway, I'm keen to see any story with Rickon pick up in the books. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember last time he was referred to was ages ago, off-hand in Bran's inner thoughts when he says Rickon is hiding out in some abandoned watchtower with the wildling woman Osha, and he's been conspicuously absent for a long time..
#66Ajd_KingPosted 2/25/2013 3:45:55 AM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
Anyway, I'm keen to see any story with Rickon pick up in the books. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember last time he was referred to was ages ago, off-hand in Bran's inner thoughts when he says Rickon is hiding out in some abandoned watchtower with the wildling woman Osha, and he's been conspicuously absent for a long time..

Skagos.
---
- GRRM.
#67Cast_SupremacyPosted 2/25/2013 4:05:59 AM
Ajd_King posted...
Cast_Supremacy posted...

Skagos.

Ah yes, re-researched that. I read the books a looong time ago, not to be some sort of hipster, and meant to re-read them when the series came out but never got around to it.

Lot's on interesting theories about what Rickon is up to on Skagos, and possible Skagosi connections to the Starks online. What's your favourite 'end-game' scenario about who would become ruler?
#68IronticsDragonLPosted 2/25/2013 4:14:43 AM
HOLY HELL! I just woke up, and so much more posts!
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 My Online Nintendo ID: IronticsDragonL
#69Ajd_KingPosted 2/25/2013 4:19:46 AM
Cast_Supremacy posted...
What's your favourite 'end-game' scenario about who would become ruler?

Oooo that's a tough one. Most of my favourite characters look like they're going to die and/or never achieve their goals, so I've pretty much given up hoping at this point, heh.

My three main things I want is an abolition of the Iron Throne and what it stands for, Dany, her dragons and the Others defeated, and Stannis/Jon to die fighting like badasses.

It's not my ideal scenario, but I've given up hoping for much more.

---
- GRRM.
#70Muddy_WatersPosted 2/25/2013 4:26:34 AM
I'm interested in what some of you think of the L+A=J theory. That would only be for the people that have read all the books. After searching online for forums relating to the show and books I was put onto this. Suffice to say, my mind was blown to pieces.
---
BOS