Why does Skyrim freeze so much?

#1DzxSaintsPosted 2/24/2013 2:17:56 PM
It froze for the second time today a little while ago. This is really getting ridiculous, as it doesn't autosave my progress before it freezes, so I lose 15-20 minutes of gameplay each time. It makes me very sad face.

Oh, and this is the only game I have that freezes. Not ONE other game freezes, EVER.

I have the Halo Reach LE Console as well, so I know that it isn't my Xbox. But I do keep my Xbox sitting horizontally, if that messes anything up at all.
---
Xbox GT: lGunterl
Greetings from the land of Ooo!
#2A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 2/24/2013 2:20:24 PM
I have the Reach LE console as well. I had issues with freezes when the game first came out, then had none for the longest time, then I installed Dragonborn and freezes seem to happen again.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#3UraRenge2005Posted 2/24/2013 2:21:52 PM
There are actually quests that have freeze glitches. There are also saving freeze gliches. It's very, very common. It shouldn't be, and I feel your pain. However, the best step is arm yourself with knowledge.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim

They list all the freeze glitches with each quest and clearly lable them so they are easy to find and know about ahead of time. 99% they have an advice workaround.
---
Good for you! Why in the world would you buy a colored TV when the B&W works just fine! Those SDTV elitists should learn money doesn't grow on trees.
#4aamotPosted 2/24/2013 2:27:55 PM
Set your auto-save to every 5 minutes. There will be rare occurrences where you'll have to replay the last ~10 minutes, but the game will auto-save every few minutes when you open your menu. It's a lifesaver.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#5metroidman92Posted 2/24/2013 3:28:18 PM
'Cause it's up North.
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#6FMLGPosted 2/24/2013 3:30:08 PM
metroidman92 posted...
'Cause it's up North.

I lol'ed
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#7MahuriPosted 2/24/2013 4:06:15 PM
Same here, not too many freezes before Dragonborn, first it froze on the loading screen to Solstheim, then it froze on loading screen out of The retching netch :<
#8PimpHandofGodPosted 2/24/2013 5:14:52 PM
I'm thinking its the DLC. The PS3 version didn't freeze nearly as much.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#9RKZX2Posted 2/24/2013 5:35:26 PM
i also have a Reach console. no issues though. i do have a fan in front of it blowing air on it. that may be the difference. i learned that from DJing. they have fans cooling amps in the club. there's a reason. heat kills.
---
XBL: RKZX2
PSN: RKZX2
#10WebstedgePosted 2/24/2013 9:30:56 PM
Got myself a normal black 360 console, and while the game hiccups occasionally it never really freezes for me

regardless I make sure to hard save like every 10 minutes
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg