Why does Skyrim freeze so much?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Why does Skyrim freeze so much?
3 years ago#1
It froze for the second time today a little while ago. This is really getting ridiculous, as it doesn't autosave my progress before it freezes, so I lose 15-20 minutes of gameplay each time. It makes me very sad face.

Oh, and this is the only game I have that freezes. Not ONE other game freezes, EVER.

I have the Halo Reach LE Console as well, so I know that it isn't my Xbox. But I do keep my Xbox sitting horizontally, if that messes anything up at all.
Xbox GT: lGunterl
Greetings from the land of Ooo!
3 years ago#2
I have the Reach LE console as well. I had issues with freezes when the game first came out, then had none for the longest time, then I installed Dragonborn and freezes seem to happen again.
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
3 years ago#3
There are actually quests that have freeze glitches. There are also saving freeze gliches. It's very, very common. It shouldn't be, and I feel your pain. However, the best step is arm yourself with knowledge.

They list all the freeze glitches with each quest and clearly lable them so they are easy to find and know about ahead of time. 99% they have an advice workaround.
Good for you! Why in the world would you buy a colored TV when the B&W works just fine! Those SDTV elitists should learn money doesn't grow on trees.
3 years ago#4
Set your auto-save to every 5 minutes. There will be rare occurrences where you'll have to replay the last ~10 minutes, but the game will auto-save every few minutes when you open your menu. It's a lifesaver.
"I dare you to make less sense."
3 years ago#5
'Cause it's up North.
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
3 years ago#6
metroidman92 posted...
'Cause it's up North.

I lol'ed
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
3 years ago#7
Same here, not too many freezes before Dragonborn, first it froze on the loading screen to Solstheim, then it froze on loading screen out of The retching netch :<
3 years ago#8
I'm thinking its the DLC. The PS3 version didn't freeze nearly as much.
3 years ago#9
i also have a Reach console. no issues though. i do have a fan in front of it blowing air on it. that may be the difference. i learned that from DJing. they have fans cooling amps in the club. there's a reason. heat kills.
3 years ago#10
Got myself a normal black 360 console, and while the game hiccups occasionally it never really freezes for me

regardless I make sure to hard save like every 10 minutes
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Why does Skyrim freeze so much?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived