Could Tamriel ever reach a technological-singularity?

#1JKPSPPosted 2/24/2013 7:46:56 PM(edited)
Hi guys,

Now before you all dismiss me as a nut who is ignoring the lore and history of the Elder Scrolls series, lets take a minute and hypothesize about this... this unlikely but enjoyable thought experiment.

Now overlooking the fact that Tamriel is set in a magical, mythological universe which at the moment we know is equivalently on a par with our own world circa 5th - 15th centuries;

Could we assume that at some point in the future of Tamriel it may reach a point in time with technology similar to our own?

Now some of you may highly revere the series and hate me for even suggesting these ideas but lest we forget that J. R. R Tolkien set Middle Earth in an 'alternate history' of our own world.
---
Knifegash: If Anya spent just one day with me, you can go ahead and call her Anya Plowed.
#2GriffRobertsPosted 2/24/2013 7:50:04 PM
Anything's possible, especially in a fictional setting, but I highly doubt Bethesda's ever going to gake Tamriel down that road.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#3DocOdinePosted 2/24/2013 7:52:36 PM
* looks at fallout *
They already have a franchise for that, so no.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#4JKPSP(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:52:53 PM
Oh I am well aware that Bethesda would never do an Elder Scrolls with guns, I was just thinking as I was playing, you know and thought I would share the idea with my peers.

I'm just thinking out loud really, if you took the 'game' part out of the series and left the universe to fester and develop.
---
Knifegash: If Anya spent just one day with me, you can go ahead and call her Anya Plowed.
#5JKPSP(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:54:02 PM
DocOdine posted...
* looks at fallout *

Interesting, but I think you're missing my point. Like have a modern day Tamriel, so to speak. That is what I am thinking of.
---
#6zeroboboPosted 2/24/2013 7:55:44 PM
no. TES will never technologically advance cus money.
it'd stop making money.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#7Bossk791Posted 2/24/2013 7:59:07 PM
A) There's no reason for it to. Magic

B) The kalpa would never last long enough.
---
Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce. Yet for poetry to seize the heart, it must ring with the chimes of truth.
#8VaultBoyXPosted 2/24/2013 8:03:28 PM
DocOdine posted...
* looks at fallout *

I always personally thought (i know they're seperate and all that) that fallout was the "future version" of TES. I just always felt it was plausable.
---
GT: Ace of SpadesX8
#9Bossk791Posted 2/24/2013 8:04:41 PM
VaultBoyX posted...
DocOdine posted...
* looks at fallout *

I always personally thought (i know they're seperate and all that) that fallout was the "future version" of TES. I just always felt it was plausable.

Plausible that the Earth in Fallout is a bunch of dead god matter, the planets are the bodies of the dead gods, space is actually just Oblivion, and the stars and sun are holes to Aetherius?

And that somehow the two shattered halves of Lorkhan's flesh-divinity combined into one moon?
---
Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce. Yet for poetry to seize the heart, it must ring with the chimes of truth.
#10JKPSP(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 8:11:05 PM
Meh, you guys have sapped my enthusiasm.
I guess Arthur C Clarke said it best; "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
---