C/D Shield Bash is OP.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. C/D Shield Bash is OP.
3 years ago#1
Whats the verdict?
3 years ago#2
Define OP. There's a lot of cheesy stuff in this game.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
3 years ago#3
Nicodaemos posted...
Define OP. There's a lot of cheesy stuff in this game.

Game breaking or makes it to easy.
3 years ago#4
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it; there is no pressure otherwise.

Regardless, I do find it rather extreme, and prefer not to use it.
---
World at War was the best CoD.
3 years ago#5
gunsndroses posted...
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game. If you don't like it, you don't have to use it; there is no pressure otherwise.

What does that even mean

The fact that you don't have to use it doesn't make it not-overpowered.

I've never done the alchemy/enchanting/smithing exploit loop thing because it doesn't seem fun to me at all. Just because I haven't done it and there's no impetus for me to do it I haven't done it doesn't mean it's not gamebreakingly overpowered. The whole reason I'm not doing it is because I do not want to break the game with my overpoweredness.

I don't see your distinction. "It's not overpowered, but it's 'rather extreme' [used a dodgy synonym for overpowered]."

Overpowered is not defined by use in a competitive setting.
3 years ago#6
Nothing is overpowered in a single-player game.

Lol quote of the day. I'm sigging this
---
Poetic Justice
GT: Swizzy Dangles
3 years ago#7
I don't really find it THAT overpowered. It takes up stamina, like a power attack, but does far less damage than a regular attack.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
3 years ago#8
It's not really OP but it's definitely a very good tactic.

shield bash - stagger enemy - hit with sword/axe/mace - shield bash - stagger enemy- hit with sword/axe/mace, rinse & repeat

Using this strategy you can pretty much get though any battle unscathed, but the stronger enemies can still give you some trouble.
---
Heavy D will never die!
http://i.imgur.com/2mIeu.gif
3 years ago#9
Habefiet posted...
gunsndroses posted...

What does that even mean

The fact that you don't have to use it doesn't make it not-overpowered.

I've never done the alchemy/enchanting/smithing exploit loop thing because it doesn't seem fun to me at all. Just because I haven't done it and there's no impetus for me to do it I haven't done it doesn't mean it's not gamebreakingly overpowered. The whole reason I'm not doing it is because I do not want to break the game with my overpoweredness.

I don't see your distinction. "It's not overpowered, but it's 'rather extreme' [used a dodgy synonym for overpowered]."

Overpowered is not defined by use in a competitive setting.

What I mean, and what you failed to analyze, was that this is not a competitive game. Does other people using such things bother you? If so, you have a problem, and should reconsider your values.
---
World at War was the best CoD.
3 years ago#10
I'm going to say that shield bash by itself is not overpowered as there is a limited number of times you can use it based on stamina/stamina regeneration.

Coupled with a vegetable soup, absolutely. I just shield bashed Krosis to his second death. Poor fool couldn't even touch me.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. C/D Shield Bash is OP.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived