Heljarchen Hall

#1NeoZantherPosted 2/25/2013 7:13:42 PM
For some odd reason I'm not able to buy the land. Not sure why either. I've done the Waking Nightmare and did all 3 Kill Giant quests and have helped 4 or 5 people in town and yet neither the Jarl or his Steward give me the options to buy the land(I'm a Stormcloack) and I'm lv 22.
---
"It's not the great who are strong. It's the strong who are great!" - Albel
#2Edgemaster70000Posted 2/25/2013 7:28:38 PM
Have you recieved the letter from the courier yet?
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#3NeoZanther(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 7:36:55 PM
Got a letter but it's for Lakeview. Odd part is I've not even been to that section of Skyrim yet.
---
#4Belgarion05Posted 2/25/2013 8:34:37 PM
You shouldn't need a letter. All you should have to do is the Waking Nightmare quest and the Kill Giant quest. Helping the people of the hold is just to become a thane and is not necessary.

You always get a letter from the Jarl of Falkreath when you get to level 10.
---
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
#5Edgemaster70000Posted 2/25/2013 9:10:38 PM
Belgarion05 posted...
You shouldn't need a letter. All you should have to do is the Waking Nightmare quest and the Kill Giant quest. Helping the people of the hold is just to become a thane and is not necessary.

You always get a letter from the Jarl of Falkreath when you get to level 10.

Apparently he doesn't even have the letter yet, so that's probably where he needs to start. The game probably doesn't even register that the Hall is available yet,so obviously the Jarl doesn't.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#6konvikt_17Posted 2/25/2013 9:27:04 PM
do you get the option to ask the jarl if you can buy a house?

if so click that one. he'll say no houses are for sale but you can buy a plot of land.
---
"When you can't sleep, well you can't dream
When you can't dream, well whats life mean?"~Bullet-Hollywood undead
#7RogsR34UKPosted 2/25/2013 9:43:25 PM
I had this issue. I did Waking Nightmare and killed a couple of Giants (still have the collect Bounty message for some reason). Hit Lv 22 and killed another Giant for the Jarl. No option from him to buy the place. Turns out you need to speak to his Steward to buy the property. He was sitting in the bedroom to the side of the Main Hall.
---
PSN & Gamertag - RogsR34UK
#8NeoZanther(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 5:27:45 AM(edited)
Cept there is no one sitting in the Jarls room either. Only 5 people in the Hall, the Jarl, his Housecarl, the servent guy and the Stormcloack guy and the Wizard.
---
#9SephirothePosted 2/26/2013 9:50:06 AM
Do you own Hearthfire? May seem like an obvious question, but you need Hearthfire to purchase this property.
---
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." - Buddah
#10NeoZanther(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 10:18:15 AM
Sephirothe posted...
Do you own Hearthfire? May seem like an obvious question, but you need Hearthfire to purchase this property.

Yes I have it. I've gotten all the achivements for this DLC already. First time I've had issue trying to get land. I might just have to build at Lakeview at this point. Was wanting a view of Whiterun for my Wife who's from there.
---