A few questions for those who think that Destruction magic is not weak

#1GodSpark127Posted 2/26/2013 1:32:15 AM(edited)
All arguments aside, please answer these questions for me.

Why are you people so goddamn afraid of Destruction getting a buff? What terrifies you so about allowing the skill tree to compensate for the static base damage of spells since we can no longer make our own?

If for some reason, Beth does address this issue; worst case scenario, Destruction does more damage. How is that bad? What is there to lose? Why are you fighting this?

EDIT

To clarify, I'm talking about making Destruction increase a spell's base damage. Just like one/two handed and archery do for their respective weapons.
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#2RebelElite791Posted 2/26/2013 1:31:01 AM
"Destruction magic isn't underpowered" =/= "DON'T BUFF DESTRUCTION WE DONT WANT IT TO BE OP"
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#3GodSpark127(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 1:34:01 AM(edited)
RebelElite791 posted...
"Destruction magic isn't underpowered" =/= "DON'T BUFF DESTRUCTION WE DONT WANT IT TO BE OP"

Tell that to 90% of the people I end up arguing with. They act as if my suggestion is poisonous to their souls.
---
#4Evil_SandwichPosted 2/26/2013 1:36:20 AM
GodSpark127 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

Tell that to 90% of the people I end up arguing with. They act as if my suggestion is poisonous to their souls.

Maybe cuz were not scrubs who suck at Skyrim and need Fireballs that do 32567787721 damagez.
#5GodSpark127(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 1:55:58 AM(edited)
Evil_Sandwich posted...
GodSpark127 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

Maybe cuz were not scrubs who suck at Skyrim and need Fireballs that do 32567787721 damagez.

^See. This is the crap that I'm talking about.

EDIT

You know what, f*** it, I'm gonna address this even if it is a stupid and childish argument.

TES is about customization and playing how you want your character to be. Static damage on Destruction spells limits that. Ice spikes, Firebolts, and what not become useless once their "level range" has passed. Hell, Ice magic in general struggles.

Meanwhile my warrior can use a "lower level" weapon/armor at higher levels and still be perfectly fine. And I like it. I like being able to roll with a full set of Dwarven gear and be golden and glorious at level 75.

My magic users, unfortunately do not have that freedom. Using a "lower level" spell on a higher level enemy means stunlocking them and cheesing them to death slowly. It isn't fun, it isn't fluid, and it stinks.

Allowing the Destruction skill to increase a spell's base damage, would allow a magic user more freedom. Something that is the core of a TES game. That is what I want.

---
#6Mortiis33Posted 2/26/2013 1:45:38 AM
GodSpark127 posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
GodSpark127 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

^See. This is the crap that I'm talking about.

It's because we suck at playing mage.

*Inserts wall of text about how many ways I buff my mage, completely missing the point again.*
---
"Non Timetis Messor..."
#7FreeMan5407Posted 2/26/2013 1:46:17 AM
is this the same evil sandwich that a few weeks ago talk about how bad destruction is

im very confuse right now lol, you don't need that number, but sure as hell you need spam and stunlocking to death, what is the difference? is still cheap and crappy at the same time
#8neithskyePosted 2/26/2013 2:17:07 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...

So because I wouldn't mind a little damage boost this means I want my spells to one-shot things?

My Mage is level 64, on Master, and I will admit that I do get discouraged when I dual-cast an Incinerate and the enemy's health bar barely moves, then my follower Vilkas takes a swing with his Chaos Damage/Frost Damage legendary Nordic Battleaxe and a quarter of its health bar disappears. Like I said, it's discouraging.

Let's take the Sallow Regent Black Book reward. Both Combat and Stealth skills get to be 10% more effective. Magic gets . . . more of the same, bland cost reduction. Why?

I watched a playthrough of this quest, and the guy showed his Blade of Woe and Dragonbone bow damage before and after the Seeker of Might buff. It went from 185 and 321 to 203 and 353, respectively.

For the Blade of Woe, that's about a 9.7% damage increase. Would having my Incinerate increasing from 105 damage to 115 be that game-breaking? I really don't understand why they couldn't have made Magic more effective for that "side buff", like Stealth and Combat got, instead of the boring old cost reduction.
#9Evil_SandwichPosted 2/26/2013 2:19:53 AM
FreeMan5407 posted...
is this the same evil sandwich that a few weeks ago talk about how bad destruction is

im very confuse right now lol, you don't need that number, but sure as hell you need spam and stunlocking to death, what is the difference? is still cheap and crappy at the same time

That was before the Dragonborn DLC came out on PS3.

Once I got the Ignite spell and found out how OP it was I completely changed my mind about Destruction.
#10jammymacsterPosted 2/26/2013 3:13:49 AM(edited)
I've always said that destruction is fine but it would not hurt to give players more control over how much damage they do with destruction magic like with one-handed etc.

RebelElite791 posted...

---
AKA: Valadez