So who here played a form of D&D back in the day?

#1Necro_Fear89Posted 2/26/2013 7:02:27 AM
And did it ultimately led you to end up playing a series like The Elder Scrolls or RPG's in general?
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#2IamI3rianPosted 2/26/2013 7:04:56 AM
I did (and still do).

I'm not certain. I'd wager it helped, but it's entirely possible I play any RPG's... pen and paper or otherwise, simply because I like sword and sorcery stuff.

Who can say for certain?
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 2/26/2013 7:05:17 AM
AD&D let to other tabletop RPGs

Secret of Mana let to other video game RPGs
#4Blade_BraverPosted 2/26/2013 7:09:11 AM
IamI3rian posted...
I did (and still do).

I'm not certain. I'd wager it helped, but it's entirely possible I play any RPG's... pen and paper or otherwise, simply because I like sword and sorcery stuff.

Who can say for certain?

I've always wanted play a pen & paper rpg but none of my friends find it interesting.
---
GT: Blade Braver 83
#5HoonDingPosted 2/26/2013 7:12:45 AM
We should make a Skyrim board DnD group. I'd be down, if we could set it up and there wouldn't be way too many people.
---
Man of Ebony or Ivory or whatever should be the DM.
#6Perma-n00bPosted 2/26/2013 7:17:01 AM
I was born in '82 (to give u a timeline) and oddly enough final fantasy 2 for SNES, as it was called in America, opened the doors for Jrpgs, Wrpgs, and pen & paper roleplaying.

Nowadays I don't have time for pen and paper, and Jrpgs are pretty lack luster for the most part, so its all wrpgs with the exception of Dragons Dogma which I still need to pick up :-).
#7Blade_BraverPosted 2/26/2013 7:18:35 AM
Sounds interesting to me how would it work? Reason I ask is I'm a total noob when it comes to this.
---
GT: Blade Braver 83
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 2/26/2013 7:19:22 AM
Been playing one edition or another since the late 1970s. Don't really play anymore, though. We're all too busy to coordinate a night, what with different shifts/kids/etc.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9Necro_Fear89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 7:21:53 AM
HoonDing posted...
We should make a Skyrim board DnD group. I'd be down, if we could set it up and there wouldn't be way too many people.

That would be tough to execute, I always found it easier to play DnD with people I personally knew because you always have to take into consideration that people have different attitudes and personalities. What if they don't like the GM? What if they don't like how the story is being set up? Playing with randoms over the internet, while would be fun, would be harder and not as exciting as actually playing with others face to face IMHO. Still, would be cool though.
---
"Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended..."
#10Mick65Posted 2/26/2013 7:24:06 AM
I started when DnD came in a number of cardboard boxes and the 133t players had their own matching dice.
I think it was reading novels like Camelot and the Knights of King Arthur's court in second grade that sparked my interest in fantasy/history. RPGs in many forms were a natural extension of this interest.
---
JAFO