So who here played a form of D&D back in the day?

#21turn_basedPosted 2/26/2013 9:23:11 AM
D&D Basic (for the solo quest in the beginning,) and later to AD&D 1st edition. Psionics still available?

I was the DM with my friends, I loved graph paper and creating maps.

Dabbled in GURPS and Warhammer.

Then FF1 was released. And Dragon Warrior. And Ultima:Exodus.

Etc.
#22drclaeysPosted 2/26/2013 9:54:24 AM
Friends,

I played D&D on my college mini fridge, in 1981.

That ps2 game baulders gate: Dark Al. was very close to d&d. But I wish they went over level 40 to 99, so you could play like 5 more times.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#23konokonohamaruPosted 2/26/2013 10:16:30 AM(edited)
Played some verbal D&D but without the dice or stats and stuff

Most memorable times were had when our play group of 3 adventurers consisting of a blacksmith, an assassin, and a knight built a big house in the woods and defended it against a horde of Rabid Wombats

EDIT:
But no it isn't what got me into RPGs. I have Quest for Glory to thank for that
#24Bane766Posted 2/26/2013 10:12:03 AM(edited)
I started playing RPG's because of that free Dragon Warrior game that came with the Nintendo Power subscription back in the day, then on to FF 1 (both for NES)...well before I was old enough for D&D.

Later on I did play a form of D&D although we only used dice to roll our characters initially...it was more in our heads than in those D&D books. I was the DM-as an aspiring writer I used to get pretty creative with quests and monster choices, lol. It ended up getting surprisingly popular for awhile until I got tired of DM'ing it.

EDIT:

Oh and I got into TES because of Morrowind on the Xbox. I found the the message board on GFAQs and read about it. It sounded awesome. So I bought it. Still in my top 5 games of all time. I love that game. Oblivion is very good, too...and Skyrim is also good, but I love Morrowind way more. I still play Morrowind every once in awhile.

---
Douleur Peur Mort
#25deadpool223Posted 2/26/2013 10:08:43 AM
i play d&d, and a few whitewolf games (werewolf old and new, new changling, old mage)
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,