Wow **COMPANIONS SPOILERS**

#1IamI3rianPosted 2/26/2013 8:09:43 PM
I'm doing Proving Honor right now with my Paladin:
http://www.skyrimcalculator.com/#266208

So yeah... silver hand no big deal. Except that Farkas drops almost immediately, and I can't seem to avoid being kill cam'd by one of the huge silver greatswords these clowns are swinging around.

I'm just on my way into 'Dustman's Crypt.' On the other side of the door is a pretty big fight with some (leveled) draugr, and more Silver hand. I've tried both my greatsword & elem fury, as well as going in there with my mace and shield... using spells to buff/heal.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated. I mean... I'm not looking for advice here, just venting.

I'm gonna break out the staff of paralysis and make use of Battle Cry and turn undead to cut down on the numbers, followed by judicious use of consumbles. ...it's just that wow.

I mean, Farkas sucks. I haven't done the companions in more than a year, but I don't remember him being this terribad in the past. I'd rather they let me go grab someone to bring along. Can't help but feel Marc would have an easier time of it. = /

Either way, I've died twice already (though one was a kill cam... which is always BS). I can't remember the last time that's happened. I've got DiD characters who've retired!

Anyway, in a few hours if you see a slightly beaten up wolf pelt for auction... you'll know where it came from.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#2Fafnir_SturmPosted 2/26/2013 8:13:29 PM
I know the part of the dungeon you're referring to. Almost always a PITA at lower levels.
---
Pardon me, I have Scuderia
#3RampagingwalrusPosted 2/26/2013 8:13:38 PM
Yeah, the Companions are always useless in the quests they are forced upon you.
Especially the final one in Ysgramor's tomb where they like to break your stealth, and then kneel down leaving you with a room full of draugr.

If you are having trouble with the draugr, use a pilfered silver sword, they devastate them.
The Silverhand however, just stagger spam with Fus?
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#4GodSpark127Posted 2/26/2013 8:13:57 PM
Yeah, kill-cams are brutal.

Me: "Hmm, it took that guy 5 swings to bring me down to half my health, I can take a few more before I have to hea-"

Skyrim: "lolnope"

*insta-dead*
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#5IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 8:16:28 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Yeah, the Companions are always useless in the quests they are forced upon you.
Especially the final one in Ysgramor's tomb where they like to break your stealth, and then kneel down leaving you with a room full of draugr.

If you are having trouble with the draugr, use a pilfered silver sword, they devastate them.
The Silverhand however, just stagger spam with Fus?

= )

It's not (generally) the draugr. Like a good pally, I've got Dawnbreaker hanging at my hip, should the need arise. Silly silver hand weapons. = /

Though admittedly I hadn't thought of that.

I've been liberally using Fus Ro (all I've got so far) with my Talos ammy & blessing. The problem is that when 7 of them are beating on my with nonsense weapons... I'm gonna get kill cam'd. I think the second death was a cam too, but it was an archery shot.

Either way... I'm goin in. Wish me luck. = D

Stupid Farkas = (
---
#6IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 8:16:55 PM
Fafnir_Sturm posted...
I know the part of the dungeon you're referring to. Almost always a PITA at lower levels.

FWIW I'm 30!
---
#7RampagingwalrusPosted 2/26/2013 8:20:09 PM
Not Fus Ro, just Fus.
It offers a quick stagger, on a very short cooldown.
Helps with crowd control.
Also, go into third person, and back-peddle?

You could also try casting Courage on Suckas.
---
#8matteus70Posted 2/26/2013 8:31:47 PM(edited)
IamI3rian posted...
Fafnir_Sturm posted...

FWIW I'm 30!

43 and I had trouble with that on novice.
BTW Dawnbreaker is my go to sword.
edit -*pbbt* I thought you meant age and not level.
---
"Just keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn."-King
#9IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 8:27:26 PM
I do. Found a staff of inspiration in here... but that appears to hit the silver hand as well, so I've been rocking plain old courage. Hell, I even healed him for a while.

I'll try regular Fus.

I haven't gone back in yet. I needed some coffee and apple pie to stop myself from absolutely beating Farkas til he's unrecognizable.
---
#10RampagingwalrusPosted 2/26/2013 8:28:46 PM
When all else fails, hide in a corner and let the immortal Farkas slowly whittle down the enemies.
---