Would it be fine if you do two quest lines at the same time?

#1ninjaman148Posted 2/26/2013 10:45:45 PM(edited)
I want to join the Stormcloaks in the fight against the empire, but I also want to join the Companions. Would it be fine if I do the quests for both quest lines one after the other? Or will there be too much interference from one or the other to do so?

I plan on drawing out this civil war part of the game for a very long time. So I figured I could also join the companions and work with them in between the civil war missions over a period of time.

Would that be fine?
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#2food_sleep_gamePosted 2/26/2013 10:45:17 PM
yes
#3IamI3rianPosted 2/26/2013 10:46:33 PM
Off the top of my head I can't think of any reason those particular quests wouldn't mesh well together.

There are some questlines that should not be done at the same time... such as the civil war and the main quest. There are other no-no's... but that seems safe, off the top of my head.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#4vincestickPosted 2/26/2013 10:54:26 PM
You'd be fine in that regard since the Companions and civil war quests are unrelated. You cannot, however, do both the Imperials and Stormcloaks questline...but that should be obvious given the circumstances.

Some questlines parallel at some point, and sometimes a quest will require you to start another quest to access something or to progress further. Example: you need to start Discerning the Transmundane and get to the point where you get the Dragon Elder Scroll to progress through the Main Questline.

Also completing the entire civil war questline lets you skip the incredibly boring quest Season Unending in the main quest entirely.
#5ninjaman148(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 11:06:59 PM
Ah, okay. Thanks for the help fellas.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#6GodSpark127Posted 2/26/2013 11:20:02 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Off the top of my head I can't think of any reason those particular quests wouldn't mesh well together.

There are some questlines that should not be done at the same time... such as the civil war and the main quest. There are other no-no's... but that seems safe, off the top of my head.

During the battle of Whiterun , Jorrvaskr gets locked up until the fighting is resolved. It's not that big of a deal but it can cause a problem if the timing is bad.
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.