Any chance of a magic sneak-attack bonus being patched in?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Any chance of a magic sneak-attack bonus being patched in?

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
4 years ago#21
fatclemenza posted...
then how do you apply your aversion to poison aversion to magic and aversion to ^element^ poisons to deal out massive damages against the few enemies that actually need massively high damage numbers to take then down easily? (mostly dragons/certain dragon priests)

My follower and 2 thralls just overpower everything by brute magical force since stealth is out of the question.

i dont like followers or summons in this game they either steal all my kills or else get in the way continually. or both.
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider

User Info: Spinder1

Spinder1
4 years ago#22
Well, that may be partly because Silent Casting's primary intended utility isn't sneakily one-shotting high end enemies with Destruction magic. It's much more useful for use with the spells of the skill tree it comes from, Illusion. Also for throwing on -flesh spells close to the enemies without alerting them and such, I suppose. A successful Destromage should make good use of all its kinds of spells, from MT when appropriate, to weak but stunning (w/ Impact) ST, traps and DoT, and quick, devastating ST. Just sneaking around oneshotting everything with Incinerate would contradict that a bit.

I do agree (as do most people from what I've seen) that some (most specifically the Expert ST) spells are underpowered, though.
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes

User Info: LinkLuigi

LinkLuigi
4 years ago#23
Meh, I personally wouldn't want that. You can't really defend against a lighting bolt by doing anything other than dodging or blocking it outright.

What I mean is, with a sneak attack, I catch them unawares to strike at their weak spots. With Destruction (other than Ice Spike, I suppose), it should hurt the same way whether they know it's coming or not.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Any chance of a magic sneak-attack bonus being patched in?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived