Ha ha... FAIL *Possible Spoilers*

#1IamI3rianPosted 2/28/2013 1:18:34 AM
So yeah. I was at Orphan Rock, and I just cleared the place (as a wolf. Totally rocks. That's another thread though) and after I revert I'm checking around looting the place. I see something glowing on the ground.

"Oh, hey cool." I think to myself, "Let's go see what it is. Bet it's some super secret DLC thing."

*BOOM*

*Reload*

Stupid Frost Runes. X D

Share your failures here.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Funner is NOT a word if you're older than seven.
#2neithskyePosted 2/28/2013 4:00:02 AM
"I . . . am . . . invinci--" *asplosion*

Um, getting nudged just enough at the top of the Tel Mithryn elevator shaft by my follower and falling to my death, my first in about 40 levels, last week was pretty fail.

But the death that still makes me grit my teeth to this day happened to my Mage at around level 24 at Deepwood Vale. Everything else was dead, and I was fighting a Forsworn Briarheart. I had him on the run with a sliver of life left. Literally, I could barely see his health bar. But he'd fallen beside a set of stairs and next to a tree or boulder or something.

Anyway, my spells couldn't reach him, always getting caught on the lip of the stairs. I tried different angles but couldn't get a clear line of sight. In my frustration I got a little too close . . . and he one-hit killed me. Still with that teasingly tiny sliver of life left.

I had to clear the entire place again.
#3IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 4:09:41 AM
neithskye posted...
"I . . . am . . . invinci--" *asplosion*

Um, getting nudged just enough at the top of the Tel Mithryn elevator shaft by my follower and falling to my death, my first in about 40 levels, last week was pretty fail.

I read about that... wasn't it Farkas, your husband? X D

neithskye posted...
But the death that still makes me grit my teeth to this day happened to my Mage at around level 24 at Deepwood Vale.

I had to clear the entire place again.

Wow...

I might've had to shut the game off for a while after that. = [

Infuriating, to say the least. How come you didn't heal?
---
#4neithskyePosted 2/28/2013 4:41:38 AM
IamI3rian posted...
I read about that... wasn't it Farkas, your husband? X D

Vilkas, my husband. :P

Infuriating, to say the least. How come you didn't heal?

I was at full health. He one-shot me at full health.

My Mage, excluding the elevator death, has suffered three deaths total, all <level 25, all of which were one-hit kills, even with Mage Armor. That Briarheart. Captain Hargar in Broken Oar Grotto. And . . . someone else, can't remember.

After level 25-ish I guess I got more health or outlevelled enemies enough that I was no longer one-shot at full health and had time to heal.
#5IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 4:46:50 AM
Well, the kill cams ignore AR... even from mage armor. Incidentally, it's all damage mitigation. So, on Novice difficulty level you get kill cam'd as often as you would on adept. Of course, on Master the enemies get the bonus and your damage is still haved, as that's on your side of the equation, not the defenders side.

Incidentally, they really need to patch it. = /

Yeah, once you get enough health though, no more kill cams. At least from full health.
---
#6RampagingwalrusPosted 2/28/2013 4:56:07 AM
I was recently killed by a Dwemer Steam Dragon...
Was just walking along, and all of a sudden a spider manifested itself in front of me, so I got to fighting it.
Suddenly the ground shook, I turned around, and the damned dragon kill cam'd me.

First time I had fought one, so had no idea the spider thing was a distractionary measure.
I thought it was just part of the Aetherium shards thing, as I was heading to Deep Folk crossing to grab the last shard I needed.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#7neithskyePosted 2/28/2013 5:08:39 AM
IamI3rian posted...
Well, the kill cams ignore AR... even from mage armor. Incidentally, it's all damage mitigation. So, on Novice difficulty level you get kill cam'd as often as you would on adept. Of course, on Master the enemies get the bonus and your damage is still haved, as that's on your side of the equation, not the defenders side.

*whoosh* :P I'm sorry, game mechanics are not my strong suit.

Anyway, I actually play on PC, I just prefer these boards. I have a mod that gives me a bunny pet. While cute, it's a "physical" being, and has blocked my retreat more times than I care to count. Blocked by bunny! What a way to die.

Incidentally, is there anything more ignominious than being kill-cammed? I grind my teeth so hard I need the Jaws of Life to open my mouth.
#8IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 5:10:54 AM
I really hate the longer drawn out ones. You've got a few moments to think about how you're gonna die, and there's nothing you can do about it. = /

The only thing worse I can think of is falling off something really high, and that's mostly for the same reason.
---
#9IronticsDragonLPosted 2/28/2013 5:29:40 AM
I went charging into a group of Stormcloak Rebels, and a goddamn dragon landed on top of me, out of nowhere, and one-shot me.
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 NNID: IronticsDragonL
#10Bigj089Posted 2/28/2013 5:36:20 AM
A mod I downloaded added a "Rogue Greybeard" to the top of a mountain at a word wall and I didnt know it. I got up to the top and didnt notice he turned hostile, he turned around, disarmed me, then Unrelenting Forced my ass off the top of the mountain.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator