Sorry but Dawnguard kind of blows

#11DocOdinePosted 2/28/2013 8:37:19 AM
silverhunter16 posted...
DocOdine posted...
Yeah, wasn't big on it's story. The new items, spells and powers are great though, and open up some nice RP possibility. I've been working on an Exorcist atm with the new sunlight spells.

The sun spells are nice because they don't hit followers but they're generally weaker than fire. I'm not sure if they benefit from impact either because they power up destruction but are classified under restoration.

No, they don't. They are cheap as dirt on cost though, and are perfectly acceptable on Adept, and even Expert if you have patience.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#12lexussss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 8:43:44 AM(edited)
When I fought my first Vamp... I was like this is it really?? I was expecting them flying at me, force pushing me, flinging me across the room, touch as nails to kill with only stabs in the chest, etc.

Not a Mage with a destruction spell :(, who's simply called a vampire
#13IronticsDragonLPosted 2/28/2013 8:42:26 AM
lexussss posted...
When I fought my first Vamp... I was like this is it really??

You do know that you're not fighting Vampire Lords, just regular vampires, right?
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 NNID: IronticsDragonL
#14IronticsDragonLPosted 2/28/2013 8:55:23 AM
lexussss posted...
When I fought my first Vamp... I was like this is it really?? I was expecting them flying at me, force pushing me, flinging me across the room, touch as nails to kill with only stabs in the chest, etc.

Not a Mage with a destruction spell :(, who's simply called a vampire

This is again, why I always get the PC versions of Bethesda games.
---
VIOLENCE BRINGS VIOLENCE!
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6 NNID: IronticsDragonL
#15Chosen_one_41Posted 2/28/2013 12:02:52 PM
lexussss posted...
Sorry

Apology accepted
Seriously though, what do you mean by sorry?
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#16Semi-AutomaticPosted 2/28/2013 6:49:45 PM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
Didn't like it either.

Soul Cairn seemed like wasted potential for an awesome boss fight but instead it was just another dragon. Same with the Vale.

Plus, I've never really been into vampires.

You obviously didn't fight the Reaper.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#17Mortiis33Posted 2/28/2013 7:01:30 PM
Semi-Automatic posted...
Joe_Cobbs posted...
Didn't like it either.

Soul Cairn seemed like wasted potential for an awesome boss fight but instead it was just another dragon. Same with the Vale.

I disliked DG save the Forgotten Vale, Vampire Lord, and Serana always being invulnerable. Don't even get me started on The Soul Cairn, it should have been re-named the "purpley lightning zone". And those damn soul husks constantly reminded me of that fatty, disgusting snack food known as "Bugles".
---
"Non Timetis Messor..."
#18lexussss(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 7:14:10 AM
Bugles are actually kind of good....

Mortiis33 posted...
Semi-Automatic posted...
Joe_Cobbs posted...
Didn't like it either.

I disliked DG save the Forgotten Vale, Vampire Lord, and Serana always being invulnerable. Don't even get me started on The Soul Cairn, it should have been re-named the "purpley lightning zone". And those damn soul husks constantly reminded me of that fatty, disgusting snack food known as "Bugles".
#19The_Ivory_ManPosted 3/3/2013 8:04:23 AM
lexussss posted...
Doing the Vamp quest, it's meh at best.

But Vamp has that crotch knife
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#20magnusmagneticPosted 3/3/2013 8:20:23 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
It is nearly impossible to make a story involving vampires interesting.
Especially if they make the characters as shallow and uninteresting as the writing team does.

I think someone, who shall remain nameless has seen twilight one 2 many times.

Vampires used to be frightening. Stories of vampires frightened villagers to the point of exhuming corpses for ritualistic beheading, destruction of the heart and incineration of the remains.

Now villagers & teenagers everywhere swoon over sparkly dingus & they have images pasted to blankets, bookbags and coffee mugs - it's shameful to the mythology.