My Falling Out *spoilers*

#1Wings of FortePosted 3/3/2013 5:14:47 PM
12th of Sun's Dawn of the 201st Year of the 4th Era

Sky Haven Temple

I finished my journey back to the newly resuscitated stronghold of the Blades. It was a largely boring trip, I only faced one bear, a sabre cat, and several pitifully weak Forsworn that now feed the mudcrabs on the banks of the River Karth. Perhaps I should just use my one-handed sword against them, so I can get some thrill from the fight. No dragons attacked me on the way there. Indeed it seems that more of them are only interested in watching me from aloft ever since my debate with Alduin on the Throat of the World.

I expected a warmer reception from the host of Sky Haven. Instead Uthgerd and Cosnach avoided meeting my gaze and Golldir solemnly informed that Delphine, the self styled Grandmaster, wished to speak with me. That suited me just fine, I had come here seeking Esbern's counsel and invite them to the negotiations on High Hrothgar. It turns out they already knew of both summit and my plans for Dragonsreach. They had another issue: the dovah leading the Greybeards, Paarthurnax. They had just now discovered his identity.

They wanted him dead, they wanted me to kill him, and that I could expect no aid from them until such time as the deed is done. Esbern put a great effort in explaining how Paarthurnax was once an ally of Alduin and had committed great atrocities against mankind during that time. A revelation that surprised me little and moved me even less. He made appeals to 'justice', saying that Paarthurnax must be punished for his crimes. Delphine attempted to rationalize the order, claiming that Paarthurnax was less trustworthy for his betrayal of Alduin, that he could "return to his old master".

Knowing what I witnessed on the Throat, I would have laughed were I not so filled with disgust. I admit that I thought about fighting Paarthurnax, it would doubtlessly be enjoyable. But I do not fancy slaying allies without cause. Justice? As if I would care what happened to the weak and the pitiful so long ago.

So why would the Blades become so intent on punishing the crimes committed long before the Dragonguard even came to Tamriel? Perhaps Esbern genuinely believes in such a cause but Delphine? Hand of Mephala that one. A whole line of emperors saw fit to let Paarthurnax live and the Blades never dared contradict them. However, I was not an emperor to her. She did not want justice, she wanted to cut my ties with the Greybeards.

I replied with three words.

Fus Ro Dah.

The unrelenting force of my thu'um sent both of them sprawled into Alduin's Wall. The three whom I dragged from the gutters of Skyrim and elevated to Blades came at me. I could have torn them all apart right then and there. I could have incinerated them with Yol or freeze them with Iiz. I could have taken my beast form and painted Alduin's Wall with their blood. Instead I sent them to their knees with one swipe of my Skyforge Steel Great Sword.

If Delphine wants Paarthurnax dead, then she is free to try and kill him herself. I will not play the puppet of weaklings like the Blades. I only helped them because it suited me to do so. I told them as much and that if they want to help, they will come High Hrothgar and find me a way to summon a dovah to Dragonsreach. With that, I left the Karth Spire, slaughtered a camp of Forsworn along with their Hagraven matron, and made my way to Old Hroldan where I write this passage as I partake a tankard of mead and a ghost from the 2nd Era tries to pester me for my sword.

Soansyke
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#2res_black_deathPosted 3/3/2013 5:26:25 PM
*Starts a slow clap*
#3DaRk MaGe2004Posted 3/3/2013 5:28:48 PM
Bravo. *continues slow clap*

I'm working on a similar project. This was a nice read.
---
To die without leaving a trace, that is the legacy of the Garo
#4silverhunter16Posted 3/3/2013 5:31:30 PM
res_black_death posted...
*Starts a slow clap*

*claps a little faster*
---
"Screw the rules, I have money!!!"
#5koutsu88Posted 3/3/2013 5:38:58 PM
10/10 way to go
---
"there is no use lecturing pigs" kazuya shibuya. (ghost hunt)[GT:koutsu 88] [save timsplitter4] [Dragonlord of TBWNN]
#6FalloutgenuisPosted 3/3/2013 5:39:32 PM
silverhunter16 posted...
res_black_death posted...
*Starts a slow clap*

*claps a little faster*

*starts clapping randomly*
---
Gt: RAW DJ
#7IamI3rianPosted 3/3/2013 5:39:43 PM
Genocide is unforgivable.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I'm gonna marry that short haired chick from the Lumosity commercials. She's hawt.
#8koutsu88Posted 3/4/2013 8:09:10 AM
sooo you want to punish genocide with genocide? ^

that means someone must punish you for genocide then they must be punished by
someone else and ..... (goes on forever)

do you not see the fallacy of such a statement?
---
"there is no use lecturing pigs" kazuya shibuya. (ghost hunt)[GT:koutsu 88] [save timsplitter4] [Dragonlord of TBWNN]
#9Wings of Forte(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 6:12:42 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Genocide is unforgivable.

In what way did I seem to give a **** about forgiveness?
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#10SurAztekaPosted 3/4/2013 6:17:05 PM
That was, outstanding. *stands up, begins standing ovation*