Theoretically, what would happen if the Stormcloaks...

#1FPS_MenacePosted 3/4/2013 7:37:02 AM
did win the Civil War...? I'm talking about Elder Scrolls lore-wise... in your subjective opinion of course.
---
"Oh, Let the Sun beat down upon my face; Stars to fill my dreams..."
XBLGT: HorrorSpliff ('cause you know sometimes it just don't roll right)
#2Jstretch19Posted 3/4/2013 7:38:18 AM
A third party comes to Skyrim and takes it over. Its the same thing that happens if the Imperails win.
---
Screw GS
#3aDominationPosted 3/4/2013 7:40:07 AM
The Empire comes back with the Thalmor and Skyrim becomes a communist province duh
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#4FPS_Menace(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 7:44:15 AM
Okay, but before the Thalmor are brought up... Isn't it argued that the Redguard had actually fought the Thalmor off pretty much single-handedly...? This caused many people to think that if the Empire had continued to fight, the Thalmor would have been eventually defeated. Let's say that Skyrim secedes from the Empire and begins fighting the Thalmor and, not only that, but begin fighting a decent war. What would the Empire do at this point?
---
"Oh, Let the Sun beat down upon my face; Stars to fill my dreams..."
XBLGT: HorrorSpliff ('cause you know sometimes it just don't roll right)
#5Necro_Fear89Posted 3/4/2013 7:48:58 AM
I always felt that without an Imperial presence in Skyrim there would be nothing standing in the way of the Thalmor to come and attack. Only reason it hasn't happened is because if the White Gold Concordat, the banning of Talos is nothing more than a ploy to get the province to secede, I don't think the Thalmor honestly care if people worship Talos or not, they want the Empire to be at odds with Skyrim so they have an advantage. Regardless what anyone says about the Jarls being bought with Imperial gold, you can't argue that wealth is power, a wealthy Skyrim backed by Imperial gold is stronger than one alone with two enemies in it's land.
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
#6aDominationPosted 3/4/2013 7:49:57 AM
FPS_Menace posted...
Okay, but before the Thalmor are brought up... Isn't it argued that the Redguard had actually fought the Thalmor off pretty much single-handedly...? This caused many people to think that if the Empire had continued to fight, the Thalmor would have been eventually defeated. Let's say that Skyrim secedes from the Empire and begins fighting the Thalmor and, not only that, but begin fighting a decent war. What would the Empire do at this point?

Join the Thalmor or sit back and watch while the Thalmor take over Skyrim. It's all they really can do, The Stormcloaks aren't controllable and the Thalmor can't have that.

To be honest The Stormcloaks could become the next Empire, Skyrim is very mountainous so its a good platform to start from, happened before after all.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#7kamahl25Posted 3/4/2013 7:53:44 AM
FPS_Menace posted...

There is a difference between occupation and open warfare, just look at Afghanistan and the United States
#8Jstretch19Posted 3/4/2013 8:08:20 AM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
I always felt that without an Imperial presence in Skyrim there would be nothing standing in the way of the Thalmor to come and attack. Only reason it hasn't happened is because if the White Gold Concordat, the banning of Talos is nothing more than a ploy to get the province to secede, I don't think the Thalmor honestly care if people worship Talos or not, they want the Empire to be at odds with Skyrim so they have an advantage. Regardless what anyone says about the Jarls being bought with Imperial gold, you can't argue that wealth is power, a wealthy Skyrim backed by Imperial gold is stronger than one alone with two enemies in it's land.

Your problem is your assumption that the Thalmor follow the WGC. If they really thought they could take Skyrim they would've already. You also assume that an independant Skyrim and the Empire would be enemies, which is a massive assumption that based on nothing.
---
Screw GS
#9Necro_Fear89Posted 3/4/2013 8:18:45 AM
Jstretch19 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...

Your problem is your assumption that the Thalmor follow the WGC. If they really thought they could take Skyrim they would've already. You also assume that an independant Skyrim and the Empire would be enemies, which is a massive assumption that based on nothing.

Why would the Thalmor risk fighting both Skyrim and the Empire? As it stands Skyrim is still part of the Empire, the Thalmor attack Skyrim then the Empire will retaliate. It would be smarter for the Thalmor to let Skyrim and the Empire fight each other and take out the weakened winner, no country is richer after a war and more than likely will not have the numbers to repel another force after the fact. It's what I would do if I were leading the Thalmor, and it seems to be working in their favor since the Empire can't get out of their rut, and Skyrim will be weakened regardless if they win or not. If Ulfric had more sense he would realize this, the Elves are no one to be trifled with, and are the bigger fish in this war, get rid of them and then worry about the Empire and independence.
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
#10kuatomonkPosted 3/4/2013 8:28:51 AM
They would form an alliance with Hammerfell and put the spank down on some elf butt, Ysgramor style. Then the Empire would pull their head out and join the alliance. After Thalmor defeat, the real civil "cold" war would start. However, the true Dragonborn would assume the thrown and re-unify the land.