Patch 1.9, Legendary Skills, Resetting Trees

#1theonyxphoenixPosted 3/5/2013 2:56:57 PM
With the new patch you will have the option of resetting the skill level to 15 once it reaches 100. All perk points in the tree that you have spent will be removed from their assigned perks and will go into a pool of unused perks.

Your skill will reset to 15. You must increase your skill to purchase a perk with a higher requirement. You are in all ways a level 15 in that skill, just with some extra perks to spend.

All calculations are based on 15 skill, not 115. Your potions will be weaker, your attacks weaker, your enchantments weaker, etc. As you increase the skill you will gain new levels, can increase magicka/health/stamina, and gain additional perk points in addition to the ones you already earned and reset.

You can increase the skill to 100 and reset it again, gaining more levels (and therefore magicka/health/stamina and perk points) each time.

Seems like there are a lot of topics on this (so what's one more). Hope this clears things up.
#2darkportal785Posted 3/5/2013 2:59:51 PM
Should at least be temporarily stickied.

Even though people don't tend to use them >.>
---
I am the bone of my sword. Steel is my body and fire is my blood.
#3BigRobb2389Posted 3/5/2013 3:04:17 PM
You must become weaker to be strong again!
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#4IamI3rianPosted 3/5/2013 3:06:44 PM
Sticky Requested.

*crosses fingers*
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Bahaha... I can kick further than the first woman to try out for the NFL. X D GJ Lauren Silberman. QQ moar.
#5konvikt_17Posted 3/5/2013 3:08:45 PM
about the enchantments being weaker, that doesnt make you already enchanted gear your wearing weaker right? just the power of your enchantments when you go to enchant things?
---
"When you can't sleep, well you can't dream
When you can't dream, well whats life mean?"~Bullet-Hollywood undead
#6theonyxphoenix(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 3:10:41 PM
konvikt_17 posted...
about the enchantments being weaker, that doesnt make you already enchanted gear your wearing weaker right? just the power of your enchantments when you go to enchant things?

Right. Your already enchanted items cannot have their potency reduced. Just new things you craft.
#7IamI3rianPosted 3/5/2013 3:10:57 PM
OH MY GOD.

Correct, with the exception of dropping damage enhancing destruction perks.
---
Bahaha... I can kick further than the first woman to try out for the NFL. X D GJ Lauren Silberman. QQ moar.
#8konvikt_17Posted 3/5/2013 3:11:50 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
konvikt_17 posted...

Right. Your already enchanted items cannot have their potency reduced. Just new things you craft.

ah cool.
thanks for the clarification:)
---
"When you can't sleep, well you can't dream
When you can't dream, well whats life mean?"~Bullet-Hollywood undead
#9DarkSeraphMPosted 3/5/2013 3:12:11 PM
so wait... does this mean it would eventually be possible to have every single perk unlocked on one character?
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#10IamI3rianPosted 3/5/2013 3:12:41 PM
*suicides*
---