Be honest.Does the in game wine look delicious enough so you want to drink?

#21jaydigPosted 3/6/2013 7:42:51 AM
IronticsDragonL posted...
Dreadsword101 posted...
Seeing all the mead in the game makes me want to try it in real life to see what all the fuss is.

Agreed

I've been brewing beer for a couple years and look forward to doing a batch of mead soon.

The wine does look pretty tasty!
#22NepharenPosted 3/6/2013 8:08:22 AM
I've tried two brands of mead recently thanks to this game

Bunratty Meade and Chaucer's Mead. Bunratty was a bit stronger, could actually taste the alcohol, but after the first cup you didn't notice. Both are sweet and have a nice honey aftertaste to them.

Chaucer's came with a packet of spice that you can use to alter the flavor and make warm spiced mead, very similar to a hot cider.

Between the two, I'd recommend chaucer's if you like cider and don't mind taking a little extra time preparing it; otherwise Bunratty, it was better straight out of the bottle.
#23kingofthekidsPosted 3/6/2013 8:18:33 AM
jaydig posted...
IronticsDragonL posted...
Dreadsword101 posted...
Seeing all the mead in the game makes me want to try it in real life to see what all the fuss is.

Agreed

I've been brewing beer for a couple years and look forward to doing a batch of mead soon.

The wine does look pretty tasty!

Mead is awesome, but only when it's warm to scorching hot. Throw some cinnamon in it, and you'll never want to drink anything else again.
#24nathraxhPosted 3/6/2013 8:35:51 AM
Dreadsword101 posted...

Mead is wonderful. It's like smooth, honeyed wine. Unfortunately it's very difficult to find and can be quite pricey when you do. Still, I'd recommend finding some if you can.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#25konokonohamaruPosted 3/6/2013 8:39:35 AM
The only video game drink that ever got me thirsty was the Quantum Nuka Cola
#26robitussin217Posted 3/6/2013 8:45:42 AM
No, but there's something about those really big strength potions that make me thirsty.
#27bluedragon619Posted 3/6/2013 9:11:14 AM
Wine is gross
---
Your dead, NOW STAY DEAD
#28aDominationPosted 3/6/2013 9:38:25 AM
konokonohamaru posted...
The only video game drink that ever got me thirsty was the Quantum Nuka Cola

A glowing soda would be worth a try.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#29miserable247365Posted 3/6/2013 9:45:56 AM
I don't really drink, especially not wine, but I know what you are saying about TES opening your eyes to things in the really world that, for whatever reason, you've overlooked in the past. I was never a person to look at landscapes or the sky at night and think "Wow, that looks amazing". I first took notice of things like this after playing Oblivion and I do it all the time now.

Funny story, before Oblivion came out, I was 18 and my friend got some mushrooms that people had been saying were very good so we ate them. They looked different from the regular "magic" psylocibin mushrooms, they had white spots on top, but lots of people we knew ate them so we weren't too concerned. Apparently, I ate too many and tripped so hard I had no connection to the real world at all for about 4 hours. When I came back to the real world, I was hand cuffed to a stretcher in the hospital. Several months later, Oblivion came out and I immediately recognized that Fly Amantia mushrooms as the ones I had eaten. I did some research and discovered not only was that what I had eaten, but most of the alchemical ingredients in Tamriel are real and have some very serious side effects. I wouldn't recommend anyone take these mushrooms. Between medical bills (luckily I had insurance), fines, and missing work to go to court, it cost me $1,200 USD. I can laugh about it now, though.
#30SoulOfFaythPosted 3/6/2013 11:09:22 AM
Lol yeah you shouldn't mess around with amanitas, most are deadly poisonous. Fly amanitas do have some psychoactive effects but you really need scandinavian or siberian ones or else you'll get a minimum high and maximum nausea, or in your case, a very bad trip.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open