Is the dwarven backstory ever revealed?

#1Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/6/2013 6:41:42 AM
What I mean is, is there a game that focuses on their history or what happened to them? Or is their disappearance an enigma that gives the Dwemer ruins more of a creepy/mysterious vibe?

I do like the latter, but have always wondered if there was something in a previous Elder Scrolls game that shed some light on the Dwarves.
---
The Jersey Guy
#2koopabros64Posted 3/6/2013 6:44:04 AM
We don't really know anything about what happened to them.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#3tzar_666Posted 3/6/2013 6:50:29 AM
plenty of books in game and in the imperial library that explain it perfectly. no mystery
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#4RikashiPosted 3/6/2013 6:51:07 AM
Morrowind pretty much explained it all. We do know what happened to them.
#5jaydigPosted 3/6/2013 6:56:28 AM
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
...is their disappearance an enigma that gives the Dwemer ruins more of a creepy/mysterious vibe?...

I'm into this. Most NPCs (in any RPG) seem to act like encyclopedias anyway. Everyone is up on lore, current events, political structure, ect. It can feel forced.

Just my opinion.
#6SoulOfFaythPosted 3/6/2013 7:00:47 AM
There is info in books, but there isn't really anything or anyone in-game pointing you towards it, which is kind of a shame because the Dwemer ruins might have been a little more interesting if they actively provided some more info on them. But it seems most of the info on them comes from Morrowind.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#7Apex1619Posted 3/6/2013 7:05:45 AM
I believe they became part of the numidium
---
Oh sheesh y'all, twas a dream!
#8DarkSeraphMPosted 3/6/2013 7:23:47 AM
Apex1619 posted...
I believe they became part of the numidium

This.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#9TheApd_ReturnsPosted 3/6/2013 7:31:49 AM
it's answered with a hint of uncertainty by morrowind characters, but the real life writer admitted that their version is the true one. in laymen's terms, they transcended their previous state of existence by becoming part of Numidium, as others have said. this transcedence had nothing to do with the war against the Chimer.
#10RampagingwalrusPosted 3/6/2013 7:32:29 AM
They built giant burrowing devices, and fled to the core of the planet, the warm, gooey, chocolatey core... mmmmm....
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.