Is the dwarven backstory ever revealed?

#51matteus70Posted 3/7/2013 7:12:08 PM
darkportal785 posted...
Hot Amy and Even Hotter Rory are dead.

Let's see how Oswin does. Do we know when the rest of Series 7 resumes, btw?

She looks like Phoebe Cates ala Fast Times.
---
"Just keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn."-King
#52clone11Posted 3/7/2013 7:13:58 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
clone11 posted...
darkportal785 posted...

Clara is best companion. Maybe anyways. Unless something huge happens to make me hate her.

It starts again on the 30th

This is a big month. Game of Thrones starts again on the 31st and this is definitely the season I've been waiting for. *drool*

*Loads crossbow, glances at sig*

Yeah, Rains of Castamere is getting sung daily in this house all the way until SEASON 3 SPOILERS the Red Wedding.. And I'll laugh.. And laugh.. And laugh.. And then cry.
---
"Let the God-forsaken bastards sing."
#53RebelElite791Posted 3/7/2013 9:04:54 PM
clone11 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
clone11 posted...
darkportal785 posted...

Clara is best companion. Maybe anyways. Unless something huge happens to make me hate her.

It starts again on the 30th

This is a big month. Game of Thrones starts again on the 31st and this is definitely the season I've been waiting for. *drool*

*Loads crossbow, glances at sig*

Yeah, Rains of Castamere is getting sung daily in this house all the way until SEASON 3 SPOILERS the Red Wedding.. And I'll laugh.. And laugh.. And laugh.. And then cry.

Imma keep playing it for friends who haven't read the books, then watch as the song takes on such a beautiful new meaning for those poor, poor souls.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#54Brenz0rPosted 3/7/2013 9:15:04 PM
clone11 posted...
darkportal785 posted...

"It's smaller on the outside!"
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#55Achronos117Posted 3/8/2013 7:39:57 AM
So did the Dwemer CHIM themselves out of existence via Kagrenac's Tools, or did they all become part of Numidium and send themselves hurtling forward into the future to wreak havoc on it?
---
Quick, to the Hinden-Peter!
#56IamI3rianPosted 3/8/2013 7:42:13 AM
Numidium.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Skyrim's DLC exceeded my expectations.
#57Achronos117Posted 3/8/2013 8:08:20 AM(edited)
This Final Report to Trebonius on the Imperial Library is blowing my mind. It seems Kagnerac was understanding of the idea's of CHIM and was trying to use those ideas in another way to perserve his entire race for all eternity. ****, TES has some of the best, most expansive lore I've come across in fantasy. I would love to read a well written series of books about all of this, the First Era, the Battle at Red Mountain, the rise of Nerevar as Hortator and King of the Chimer, the Chimer transformation to Dunmer, the disappearance of the Dwemer in their attempts to reach godhood and immortality.

Combined with "Loveletter from the Fifth Era: The True Purpose of Tamriel" its pretty trippy and, if you ask me, revolves centrally around realizing CHIM and having a greater over all awareness and enlightenment towards the whole world, seeing everyone in it as you (I are all We).
---
#58Brenz0rPosted 3/8/2013 8:08:35 AM
Achronos117 posted...
It seems Kagnerac was understanding of the idea's of CHIM and was trying to use those ideas in another way to perserve his entire race for all eternity.

Numidium is one path to reaching the Godhead. CHIM is another. There's also the Enantiomorph, the Scarab, and so on and so forth. Understanding creational gradients does play into it, but Numidium isn't quite the same as CHIM.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#59Achronos117Posted 3/8/2013 8:10:55 AM
It seems like a flawed, misunderstood interpretation of CHIM, an attempt at forcing/making everybody CHIM at one time or another. The concepts in the Final Report are pretty interesting, sort of an "everything is everything" type philosophical outlook.
---
#60Brenz0rPosted 3/8/2013 8:15:47 AM(edited)
That's because at one point, everything was everything (i.e. everything was a single thing). As that everything moved downward through the creational gradients and became more limited, it multiplied outward. Mundus is an attempt to reverse this, where recognising limitations allows one to move beyond them. It's effectiveness has been arguable (only one confirmed Amaranth, although there two CHIMsters and a couple of enantiomorphs), but it's probably better in the long run than the ultimately-limited nature of pre-Convention that the Altmer are so obsessed with.

Numidium was an attempt by the Dwemer to "brute force" their way back to the Godhead, if you prefer. It's probably less dangerous than CHIM is, actually (since it doesn't carry the zero-sum risk off the top of my head, although I'm quite tired and half-asleep at the moment).
---