climbing the 7,000 steps....again

#21Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/10/2013 9:29:39 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
heartherevenge posted...
i think the walk itself is 7000 steps, not actually 7000 steps made of rock/quarry stone

The mountain--and the entirety of the province itself--is just smaller than it should be, there are actually supposed to be seven thousand steps.
But because that would make the mountain ten times the size it currently is, and would take up such a huge portion of the available land, it was shrunk.
Just like how some places are less than a mile from one another, it is a gameplay effect, not a lore one.

Also, can you imagine how horrible climbing the damn thing would be, if it was ten times the size it currently is?

Smart idea anyways would be to ride a horse up the mountain... if the thing was 10x the size it is now, riding a horse would still be the best course of action.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#22MythrenderPosted 3/10/2013 9:38:52 AM
I generally don't fast travel, I make an exception for High Hrothgar. But only from the base of the mountain, so I find my way to Ivarstead and fast travel from there. Its the only compromise I could give myself.
---
GT: Nickguy
#23xanthan1Posted 3/10/2013 9:41:12 AM
Meh, sprint and alot of restore stamina potions, don't even fight, just run up the steps like your ass is on fire.
#24Semi-AutomaticPosted 3/10/2013 2:32:53 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Meh, sprint and alot of restore stamina potions, don't even fight, just run up the steps like your ass is on fire.

Stamina restore potions? You can't be serious. Get a horse and sprint 3x the speed up it with 5x the stamina. FREE of charge. I realized very soon that traveling without a horse in this game is the biggest waste of time you can do to life. You may as well spend half of the time playing skyrim staring at the wall.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#25SlayerslugPosted 3/10/2013 2:41:15 PM
There's nothing quite like getting halfway up the mountain, only to be mauled by a sabre cat and having no recent saves.
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.