Based off of your civil war affiliation (Stormcloaks vs. Imperials)...

#61Auron772Posted 3/7/2013 6:16:21 PM
I'm a liberal on almost every issue, registered independent, but that doesn't really come through in video games. I side with the Stormcloaks most often because the Empire has become a shell of its former self and needs to be completely redone. No matter what game I play I always have the most fun playing the tyrant/dark side/renegade character. Though I guess that's how I would be if I had power in real life too.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#62gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 6:21:06 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
I hate when people justify their Imperial-affiliation by saying Stormcloaks are racist. They aren't. Nationalism =/= racism. But that's the liberalism coming out, so I suppose I shouldn't be too upset/surprised.

I guess you stereotyping liberals is just the conservative coming out, so I'm not too surprised.

Wherein, precisely, did I stereotype liberals? Notice how I gave a specific instance, being "people [who] justify their Imperial-affiliation by saying Stormcloaks are racist." You know I respect you rebel, but you need to learn to read a bit more and stop being so aggressive. I stereotyped nobody.
---
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings.
#63RedWaggonPosted 3/7/2013 6:31:12 PM
Liberal and Stormcloak
#64Flaktrooper123Posted 3/7/2013 6:34:53 PM
Imperial

While I believe in the original Republican vision, they don't live up to that these days, so independent.
#65Erroneous_SnakePosted 3/7/2013 6:38:11 PM
konokonohamaru posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
konokonohamaru posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
konokonohamaru posted...
Hey guys. Newsflash. Both Imperials and Stormcloaks suck. Both Republicans and Democrats suck. They both basically want to impose their view of the world on you. If you're sick of taking it in the rear from big brother, join the Forsworn, the true Libertarians of Skyrim!

I remember being 16

That's a great argument.

No argument needed against such sheer, utter, stupidity.

I'd like to see you defend your political views then. I'm guessing you won't because you don't have anything intelligent to say, but you try to hide that behind a veneer of self righteousness

The pot calling the kettle black..
---
This message has been brought to you from my Galaxy Nexus
#66SilentS89Posted 3/7/2013 6:40:03 PM(edited)
Intriguing topic TC, I can definitely see the logic behind your hypothesis of liberals aligning with imperials and conservatives with stormcloaks.

However, I feel that RL and Skyrim's situations deserve different perspectives personally.

And as such I am Liberal IRL but Stormcloak in Skyrim.

I am not the sort of person that would be liberal or conservative no matter what, I believe it is appropriate based on context and could easily change position if my assessment of the current situation changes.

EDIT: I really hope people can keep this topic respectful despite it's political aspect.

It would be such a shame if an interesting topic like this gets deleted because people are looking to be offended.

Can we please assume the best intentions of each other so this topic can explore an interesting idea?
#67coconutarmy1Posted 3/7/2013 7:00:41 PM
Stormcloak...
american pirate party
---
Currently commanding a platoon of coconuts. Slow work, but very fulfilling.
#68AlesandrosPosted 3/7/2013 7:03:20 PM
Imperial

Classically-Liberal, Independant-Conservative.

Yep, that's me.
---
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.
"Not for me, not for you, but for us."
#69KevO44Posted 3/7/2013 7:44:03 PM
Interesting discussion TC. But unfortunately you're theory that Conservative = Stormcloaks and Liberals = Imperials is just too oversimplified.

Just as I believe the theory that if you played Morrowind and Oblivion you're prone to side with the Empire over the Stormcloaks if also too oversimplified.

I guess If every single gamers was making the decision based on political views than yes I would agree with your theory but not every gamer will make their choice based on political views.

That being said I am a Conservative who supports the Empire.

Many gamers take into account how the world of Tamriel would be affected by the player's decision. Many who side with the Empire will note the Thalmor as a primary reason for keeping the Empire together. This being an in-game decision not taking into account real life political views.
#70PimpHandofGodPosted 3/7/2013 7:58:33 PM
konokonohamaru posted...
Hey guys. Newsflash. Both Imperials and Stormcloaks suck. Both Republicans and Democrats suck. They both basically want to impose their view of the world on you. If you're sick of taking it in the rear from big brother, join the Forsworn, the true Libertarians of Skyrim!

The Forsworn are Anarchists
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2