What is the relationship between the Dark Elves and Aldmeri Dominion?

#1SlayerslugPosted 3/7/2013 5:54:14 PM
The Dunmer sort of do their own thing but do the leaders of the Aldmeri Dominion shun them for being cursed? Would there be any hostility between the two?
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#2SILKAPosted 3/7/2013 6:06:08 PM(edited)
They might have some part over the racism.
---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#3RebelElite791Posted 3/7/2013 6:05:35 PM
Barely better than men in the Thalmor's eyes.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#4IamI3rianPosted 3/7/2013 6:11:43 PM
Orcs too, I'd imagine.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Skyrim's DLC exceeded my expectations.
#5zeroboboPosted 3/7/2013 6:43:09 PM
dont they see them as daedra worshipping heathens?
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#6SILKAPosted 3/7/2013 6:50:44 PM
dont they see them as daedra worshipping heathens?

They are, Vvanderfell was filled with Shrines.
---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#7clone11Posted 3/7/2013 6:54:41 PM
Basically, the Dunmers' ancestors wanted to be as different from Altmer as possible and split off, so it's obvious they aren't fans of the Altmer and thus, by extension, probably wouldn't want anything to do with the Dominion.

The Altmer see this desire to be different as a bad thing, since they see themselves as the epitome of purity, and so are obviously not fans of Dunmer either. The Thalmor, especially, would rather see the races regress back to their original forms, rather than evolve as they have been.

Of course, Altmer see themselves as superior to all other people just as a general rule.
---
"Let the God-forsaken bastards sing."
#8AddictedToXboxPosted 3/7/2013 6:56:00 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Orcs too, I'd imagine.

I'm curious what became of the Orc colonies in Falinesti. Massacred? Eugenics experiment?
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!
#9Brenz0rPosted 3/7/2013 8:15:47 PM(edited)
AddictedToXbox posted...
IamI3rian posted...
Orcs too, I'd imagine.

I'm curious what became of the Orc colonies in Falinesti. Massacred? Eugenics experiment?

As a completely random guess, I'll say eugenics experiment (read: massacred). Not only do Orcs have a presence in the Imperial Legion, but after Trinimac was turned into Boethiah's excrement (tee hee), the Orsimer all changed. The Altmer, however, still revere Trinimac as Trinimac in their pantheon (instead of Malacath). The Orcs are probably like devolved beasts as far as the Thalmor are concerned.

As to the Dunmer, since they were originally Chimer when they went Padomaic and started looking for Lorkhan's Heart, and the Altmer hate Lorkhan, because the Chimer then started in on the Daedra worship as well, I'm going to guess that the Altmer hate the Dunmer almost as much as they hate Men.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#10AddictedToXboxPosted 3/7/2013 8:31:55 PM
I always thought Trinimac was removed from the Altmeri pantheon, because they viewed him as being tainted by Dunmeri influence. Plus, his failure to stop the Velothi exodus marked the begining of the splitting of the Aldmer.
---
False God! This is the end... the final turn of your Wheel!