So I started playing oblivion again for fun...And I have to say...

#1lordgoroPosted 3/8/2013 11:52:54 PM
Its held up pretty well over the years, the leveling system still sucks, however, its still a FUN game and its great with the laid back more "mellow" atmosphere, the music is gorgeous, the scenery is nice, so it still holds up against skyrim in some ways, still quite playable... And spellmaking can be a blast! All in all, still worth playing when I need a break from Skyrim..
---
" WHY SO SERIOUS"?
#2LiqiudusSnakePosted 3/8/2013 11:57:44 PM(edited)
Better quests and enemy variation. Thats about it.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#3IamI3rianPosted 3/9/2013 12:00:52 AM
I just wish the lower level enemies persisted. Ooop, you hit level 14, no more minotaurs. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Enemy MCC's shields at 50%
#4LethalAffinityPosted 3/9/2013 12:01:35 AM(edited)
The only thing Skyrim has over Oblivion are graphics and better dungeon design.

I'm not a fan of the scaled leveling either.
---
http://i.imgur.com/o22hh.gif
Seminiferous Tubloidial Buttnoids
#5IamI3rianPosted 3/9/2013 12:05:19 AM
Wards. Single best addition Skyrim's made IMO.

Also, I can't stand how in Oblivion when you picked an ingredient it wouldn't disappear like it does in Skyrim. Minor, and silly, but that always bugged me.
---
#6lordgoro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:09:08 AM
Ill deal with it, I usually end up being a VERY powerful mage type anyway, so enemies getting better armor doesnt bother me that much.. But after SOO much skyrim, its a great RPG to get a break with anyway.. but Im mainly playing it for the atmosphere, music, and more rpg "elements" than skyrim seems to have... Skyrim is STILL my fave game of all time though, but its good to get a break... And ill appreciate the graphics in skyrim when I go back more!!
---
" WHY SO SERIOUS"?
#7deadpool223Posted 3/9/2013 12:10:13 AM
i actually really hate oblivion these days. i had a ton of fun with it but i just cant do it. i mean like, morrowind i hated the gameplay but the story was great, skyrim i love the gameplay but lore wise it gets skimpy. you would think oblivion would have a equal bit of both but its just annoying
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#8IamI3rianPosted 3/9/2013 12:11:41 AM
@graphics... it's been a while, so maybe I'm wearing nostalgia goggles, but Oblivion's water just looked so much better than Skyrim's.

Like... a lot better. I remember thinking about how good the fire and smoke looked too. Skyrim? Never really had that thought. It's my understanding that those are the three hardest things for game makers to produce with any kind of realism.
---
#9Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/9/2013 12:15:11 AM
IamI3rian posted...
@graphics... it's been a while, so maybe I'm wearing nostalgia goggles, but Oblivion's water just looked so much better than Skyrim's.

Like... a lot better. I remember thinking about how good the fire and smoke looked too. Skyrim? Never really had that thought. It's my understanding that those are the three hardest things for game makers to produce with any kind of realism.

I think it is mainly fire and water they have trouble with....
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#10lordgoro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 12:17:55 AM
Just finished the long "tutorial" again, and something they actually TOOK out of skyrim is touch spells... I didnt realize it until just now.. I really miss them, they were a lot of fun.. I know paralyze in skyrim is touch(I think), but touch destruction spells were so much more3 fun.. And ive REALLY missed the outside calm exploration music.. Almost brings a tear to my eye!! Of course, since Im also trying my first bottle of wine(inspired by skyrim of course) that might be helping.... hehe
---
" WHY SO SERIOUS"?