Elder Scrolls Roleplay Thread: Characters

#1BellethorPosted 3/9/2013 6:55:35 PM(edited)
Let's play a game. The setting is 3rd era Cyrodiil, before the events of the Oblivion Crisis but after the events of Morrowind. You can make your own character, base them off a character you made in the game, do anything you want etc. Just try not to make them too overpowered, and if I give the character approval you can post in the main story thread. Just copy and paste this template and fill in your characters details. You can even post a picture of your character if you'd like. If ya'll are interested, then I'll post the main thread for us to post in and a link to the characters thread in the main thread.

Now the official rules are:
1.No taking control of other peoples characters, saying stuff like "the guards spot and kill darkportal" is not allowed
2. Don't post once and leave
3. Stay in character, act like you stated what your character acts like, do what you'd think your character would do etc.
4. If you wish to approve of something that can change the story in a major way, do it over a private message with the person you are doing it with and me. This way, a decision like killing someones character is taken care of professionally and not through arguments. You can send private messages by clicking on a users name and hitting "send PM" on the right hand side.
5. You can have multiple characters if you have shown you are a regular to the game.
6. When posting for the first time or with a new character in the main thread, take the page your characters info is on this thread and link it in your first post along with your characters name so we all know who you are.

NAME:
RACE:
SEGMENT IN GUILD/GROUP:
WEAPON/MAGIC OF PREFERENCE:
REGION OF BIRTH:

HISTORY OF CHARACTER:

PERSONALITY:

HAIR:
EYES:
SKIN:
BODY:
CLOTHING:

AMBITIONS:
REASONS FOR AMBITIONS:
---
http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg
#2Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 6:33:03 PM(edited)
NAME: Grec
RACE: Nord
GUILD/GROUP/UNAFFILIATED: Unaffiliated, but occasionally takes jobs for the Fighters Guild, Companions and people in need
WEAPON/MAGIC OF PREFERENCE: A 2 Handed Nordic Greatsword enchanted with absorb health and stamina, nicknamed "Blood-Scythe", physical abilities enhanced by being a werewolf (he is strong enough to wield his greatsword with one hand), Beast Form
REGION OF BIRTH: Skyrim, Whiterun Hold

HISTORY OF CHARACTER: Going by the simple moniker of Grec, he is a gruff mercenary whose parents were slaughtered in a bandit raid and has had to make a life on his own since his teenage years. He had previously worked with the Companions of Whiterun, but never joined their group. A good friend of the Harbinger, he was granted the powers of Hircine as a token of friendship with the Circle. While undertaking a mission to reclaim a fort taken over by a infamous bandit group, he was captured, tortured and lost one of his eyes. He managed to escape out from the fort, but took out a good chunk of the bandit's leaders allies. The bandit's leader would not forget this, and he would go on to use his network of informants to discover Grecs identity and send the Dark Brotherhood after him. Grec has currently ran away into Cyrodiil and is searching for an old friend to help escape the Brotherhood's assassins.

PERSONALITY: He is rude, sardonic and abrasive to everyone he meets, and is quick to anger and fights, partly because of his upbringing in his teenage years as a merc without a family.

HAIR: Short, Black and Shaggy
EYES: Hazel and one eye covered by an eyepatch
SKIN: Fair
BODY: Tall, Muscular and covered with scars
CLOTHING: Light Chitin Armor

DISLIKES: Everything else

AMBITIONS: To get enough money to survive the next day
REASONS FOR AMBITIONS: Has few friends aside from the Harbinger of the Companions and some fellow mercs, had to learn to survive on his own
---
#3JayAitchPosted 3/9/2013 6:23:43 PM
NAME: Bill
GUILD/GROUP/UNAFFILIATED: Unaffiliated
SEGMENT IN GUILD/GROUP: N/A
WEAPON/MAGIC OF PREFERENCE: Mehrunes Razor + Calm Spell
REGION OF BIRTH: Skyrim
OCCUPATION: Lesser-known assistant to Belethor, at the General Goods Store
HISTORY OF CHARACTER: Bill was born on a farm. His parents were killed by Falmer shortly after he left home for a life of adventure. Now Bill is sad. Luckily for Bill, his father was the previous keeper of Mehrunes Razor, so he has that going for him.
PERSONALITY: Sad

HAIR: Bald
EYES: Teary
SKIN: Light
BODY: Scrawny
CLOTHING: Hat and ragged trousers.

DISLIKES: Nazeem

AMBITIONS: Don't die.
REASONS FOR AMBITIONS: Dying is bad.
---
I'll show you my Secret-Fire
#4Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 6:31:24 PM
JayAitch posted...
NAME: Bill
GUILD/GROUP/UNAFFILIATED: Unaffiliated
SEGMENT IN GUILD/GROUP: N/A
WEAPON/MAGIC OF PREFERENCE: Mehrunes Razor + Calm Spell
OCCUPATION: Lesser-known assistant to Belethor, at the General Goods Store
HISTORY OF CHARACTER: Bill was born on a farm. His parents were killed by Falmer shortly after he left home for a life of adventure. Now Bill is sad. Luckily for Bill, his father was the previous keeper of Mehrunes Razor, so he has that going for him.
PERSONALITY: Sad

HAIR: Bald
EYES: Teary
SKIN: Light
BODY: Scrawny
CLOTHING: Hat and ragged trousers.

DISLIKES: Nazeem

AMBITIONS: Don't die.
REASONS FOR AMBITIONS: Dying is bad.

Belethor didn't exist back in the 3rd era, but he could always work for Big Daddy Belethor, Belethors great ancestor
---
#5JayAitchPosted 3/9/2013 6:34:48 PM
Bellethor posted...

Belethor didn't exist back in the 3rd era, but he could always work for Big Daddy Belethor, Belethors great ancestor

Oh, duh. My bad. Big Daddy Belethor it is, then.
---
I'll show you my Secret-Fire
#6tDarkNinjatPosted 3/9/2013 6:45:58 PM(edited)
NAME: Svog Dragon-Seeker
GUILD/GROUP/UNAFFILIATED: Greybeards (former)
SEGMENT IN GUILD/GROUP: Student in the way of the voice.
WEAPON/MAGIC OF PREFERENCE: Fang of Haynekhtnamet, Shouts.
HISTORY OF CHARACTER: Studied the way of the voice for many years, has mastered many shouts. When he found out Paarthunax was a dragon he made it his goal to find out all he could about dragons. He traveled all around Tamriel. In Morrowind he found the Fang, and in High Rock he found his Dragonstone.
PERSONALITY: Old and wise, can get absorbed into a single topic easily, with a hatred of people he perceives to be weak minded.

HAIR: Light-Gray, has a long beard, and semi-long hair.
EYES: Blue
SKIN: Sun-Tanned
BODY: Fit, but quite aged.
CLOTHING: Robes that resemble the Greybreads robes, but more weathered. Has a dragon stone strapped to his back, and a dragon-scale claw necklace, and a metal portion on his right arm that is the same kind of the arms of dragon priests..

LIKES: Ancient history, particularly the history centered around dragons.
DISLIKES: Naive, stupid, and/or crazy people.

AMBITIONS: To uncover the history of the dragons of Tamriel, and find out what happened to them. Currently trying to find out about the connection between the Septims and the Ancient Dovakiin.
REASONS FOR AMBITIONS: His journey has brought him all around Tamriel, and now to Cyrodiilm where his learned of the Septims' Dragonborn heritage.
#7Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 6:37:50 PM
JayAitch posted...
Bellethor posted...

Oh, duh. My bad. Big Daddy Belethor it is, then.

Alright then, your character is approved. I'll start the main thread when we get 3-4 more players
---
#8NaughtyOctopusPosted 3/9/2013 6:39:31 PM
I'm guessing people will still be able to make characters after the "main thread" is started? I can't do anything right now, but this seems like it will be fun when I can get time.
#9Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 6:40:33 PM
tDarkNinjat posted...
NAME: Svog Dragon-Seeker
GUILD/GROUP/UNAFFILIATED: Greybeards (former)
SEGMENT IN GUILD/GROUP: Student in the way of the voice.
WEAPON/MAGIC OF PREFERENCE: Fang of Haynekhtnamet, Shouts.
HISTORY OF CHARACTER:
PERSONALITY: Old and wise, can get absorbed into a single topic easily, with a hatred of people he perceives to be weak minded.

HAIR: Light-Gray
EYES: Blue
SKIN: Sun-Tanned
BODY: Fit, but quite aged.
CLOTHING: Robes that resemble the Greybreads robes, but more weathered. Has a dragon stone strapped to his back, and a dragon-scale claw necklace, and a metal portion on his right arm that is the same kind of the arms of dragon priests..

LIKES: Ancient history, particularly the history centered around dragons.
DISLIKES: Naive, stupid, and/or crazy people.

AMBITIONS: To uncover the history of the dragons of Tamriel, and find out what happened to them. Currently trying to find out about the connection between the Septims and the Ancient Dovakiin.
REASONS FOR AMBITIONS: Studied the way of the voice for many years. When he found out Paarthunax was a dragon he made it his goal to find out all he could about dragons. His journey has brought him all around Tamriel, and now to Cyrodiil.

Looks good, as long as you are not referring to the 4th era and the Dragon Crisis. Approved.
---
#10Bellethor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 6:41:57 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
I'm guessing people will still be able to make characters after the "main thread" is started? I can't do anything right now, but this seems like it will be fun when I can get time.

You certainly can, a link to this thread will be in the "main threads" original post, so if you want to join after the game has started you can go from that link.
---