Bosmer mage questions. Possibly SPOILERS

#1MrMRBPosted 3/12/2013 9:54:27 AM
So basically looking to make a Bosmer mage and was looking for a little advice/knowledge.

When I start a new character I like them to have some sort of believable back story.

I have read the uesp lore entry on the Bosmer and there is no mention of magic, have there been many examples of Bosmer magi?

I would imagine a kind of druid style magic to be suitable but wondered if this was backed up by the lore.

One thing I am quite interested in is the wild hunt so I imagine I will become a warewolf using the fact my character is a powerful mage, he has found ways to perform the ritual solo.

Any help, links or information would be greatly appreciated.
---
Gamertag: MrMRB
Currently playing: Skyrim, P4G.
#2warnutPosted 3/12/2013 11:21:32 AM
Should have gone with an High Elf.
---
If you're feeling down-and-out with what your life's all about,
Lift your head up and blow your brains out.
#3Evil_SandwichPosted 3/12/2013 11:30:00 AM(edited)
Make your mage a Female Bosmer and put her in Forsworn Armor.

EDIT: If ur going Werewolf make sure you buy the Ring of the Hunt from the Werewolfs in Solstheim. Best Werewolf Ring imo.
#4MrcTOtheJPosted 3/12/2013 12:20:07 PM
There's scatered mages of every race.

There's at least one bosmer at the college of winterhold, and there where some in past games' mages guild as well as NPCs.

While there's no real mention you can make your back story what ever, my Nords a battlemage, his father trained him in various combat arts and sparked his intrest in magic with what little he knew, and let a Dunmer spellsword whom served along side him in the great war train him in Magic. (Both started a Merc company for reasons in my backstory.)

So there's allot of ways to go about this, maybe you were born in Valenwood and at a young age your family moved somewhere and you started hanging arround an old Breton man who sparked an intrest in magic for you. Or maybe you're just amitious and started questing for ways to increase your power over time, and you've devloped into quite the mage over time.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (PS3) Mass Effect 3 (Ps3 3rd Run) Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII
#5MrMRB(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2013 12:24:56 PM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
There's scatered mages of every race.

There's at least one bosmer at the college of winterhold, and there where some in past games' mages guild as well as NPCs.

While there's no real mention you can make your back story what ever, my Nords a battlemage, his father trained him in various combat arts and sparked his intrest in magic with what little he knew, and let a Dunmer spellsword whom served along side him in the great war train him in Magic. (Both started a Merc company for reasons in my backstory.)

So there's allot of ways to go about this, maybe you were born in Valenwood and at a young age your family moved somewhere and you started hanging arround an old Breton man who sparked an intrest in magic for you. Or maybe you're just amitious and started questing for ways to increase your power over time, and you've devloped into quite the mage over time.

Good ideas I like them both.

But I was going more with the angle of him being quite old, maybe a healer or a wise man type character very in tune with nature etc etc

So I pretty much have his background covered I just wanted to know if there was any lore to back it up.
---
Gamertag: MrMRB
Currently playing: Skyrim, P4G.
#6MrcTOtheJPosted 3/12/2013 12:30:28 PM
Yeah having him old could make sense, most Mer have quite a long life span to make it up.

Don't really know of many bosmer mages in lore, or how they go about magic.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim (PS3) Mass Effect 3 (Ps3 3rd Run) Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII
#7turn_basedPosted 3/12/2013 12:37:54 PM
All you need:

1. Ring of Namira
2. Flame spell
3. Fork

Step 2 is what differentiates non-mage Bosmers from mage Bosmers.