are illusion skills worth it?

#1drud603Posted 3/13/2013 12:00:11 PM
I wanted to use illusion since I am a vampire and it goes well with sneaking as well, but I was not sure if it would be worth it as the spells affect enemies only up to a certain level, and I do not plan on going all the way to master level spells since I am investing points in melee fighting too. Does anyone know if it is still worth investing in illusion?
#2stet1Posted 3/13/2013 12:04:28 PM
YES i only started using illusion on my last guy and its now my favorate tree
---
swtor: harry potter, nightmare lands eu
#3HoonDingPosted 3/13/2013 12:06:09 PM
Totally. Just get the dual-casting perk, since dual-casted Illusion spells work on 2.2x the regular level of the spell. You won't even need the Master level spells.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#4irethkatPosted 3/13/2013 12:09:45 PM
Yes. By the 9 yes! Especially if you're going to be doing stealth. As a vampire character who has invested into illusion perks, I've yet to run into an enemy that can resist my apprentice level calm spell, I'm level 41. Yes they only work up to a certain level, but perks, dual casting, and just being a vampire raise that level. And illusion works really really well with stealth. There's the obvious muffle and invisible. But there are other benefits as well. Calmed enemies are very susceptible to sneak attacks for example.
---
~^.^~
#5drud603(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 12:11:26 PM
awesome thanks guys
#6XydruPosted 3/13/2013 12:15:11 PM
Dual casting or Fortify Illusion Potions will let you affect most enemies, so don't worry about that. Dragons, and a select few enemies, are about the only thing you won't be able to use illusion on. So having another skill to deal damage with is advisable. Or just have a good follower.

Really, illusion is the most powerful school of magic, IMO. It's just very perk intensive. Whenever I use it, Master Illusion is the only perk I consider not taking.
---
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
One bullet-proof sock goes a long way. Stay stocked.
#7silverhunter16Posted 3/13/2013 12:37:25 PM
If you fully perk out Illusion nothing short of dragons will be able to resist a dual cast spell from a vampire.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.