Need Advice (Build Help)

#1kane105Posted 3/13/2013 6:00:52 PM
For RP and the sake of mixing things up (for me at least) I want to create a spellsword that focuses on one handed and magic. I want him to wear robes since it has a really cool feel to it. Is that viable or should I focus on an armor skill tree instead?
---
The Outsider walks among us
#2EdenEndePosted 3/13/2013 6:08:06 PM(edited)
If you want to do it, go for it.
Flesh spells will help with your defense. You might want to invest in Mage Armor in Alteration if you do that.
P.S. Is your signature a Dishonored reference?
---
Silence, my brother.
#3the_arisenPosted 3/13/2013 6:07:38 PM
kane105 posted...
For RP and the sake of mixing things up (for me at least) I want to create a spellsword that focuses on one handed and magic. I want him to wear robes since it has a really cool feel to it. Is that viable or should I focus on an armor skill tree instead?

It's viable. Anything is viable. Just throw in some alteration, some conjuration and maybe a bit of restoration and bam...
---
I'm taking the "N" word back... Yeah that's right... N'wah for life
#4kane105(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 6:10:36 PM
EdenEnde posted...
P.S. Is your signature a Dishonored reference?

Yes it is. I loved that game.
---
The Outsider walks among us
#5Semi-AutomaticPosted 3/13/2013 6:11:54 PM
Just know that spellswords are slighly overrated in terms of effectiveness in this game. I've had about 5 of them, and they are pretty hard builds to get rolling. They become really effective whenever you max out alteration and get very high destruction, but using all that magic means you will basically be a Sword user who uses spells every now and then.

Because you want will NOT have enough viable magic to be able to use the alteration flesh spells and then use the adept+ level destruction spells. The only way it works is if you put little no health in your build which would obviously be uncoventional and would make you die extremely quick. So make the build with that in mind and you'll be fine. I'm usually one right now actually and despite all of the magic I've put into him and all the magic increasing gear I wear it's still difficult to get off strong level spells without running out of magic to quickly.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#6Evil_SandwichPosted 3/13/2013 6:36:10 PM(edited)
Wear Heavy Armor, robes are trash.

Infact the "Spellsword" class in Obivion wore Heavy Armor.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Classes

EDIT: Try using Ignite in one hand and a sword in the other. It does MORE damage than the Expert level spell Incinerate but is an Apprentice level spell.

It also only cost 8 magicka with 100 Destruction + the Apprentice Destruction perk.

Make sure you grab Aspect of Terror from the IIIusion tree for +15 damage to fire spells.

Get Agumented Flames 2/2 first THEN Aspect of Terror, otherwise you'll only get +10 damage.
#7EdenEndePosted 3/13/2013 6:37:38 PM(edited)
Here's a place to start:
http://youtu.be/e2bHk_3d5ec

And part two:
http://youtu.be/PWn9I7ieYTA

And I also love Dishonored. Just heard about the new DLC.
---
Silence, my brother.