What did Parthuunax did was unforgivable brb committing mass genocide

#1Semi-AutomaticPosted 3/14/2013 8:15:56 PM
I don't see how people can justify his selfish actions. And then he had the nerve to be sad whenever Alduin was killed. Killing him on every playthrough is the best part. Oh, but thanks for the firebreath shout.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#2deadpool223Posted 3/14/2013 8:28:07 PM
screw the old gecko.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#3silverhunter16Posted 3/14/2013 8:29:42 PM
You're going to need a flame shield cause a lot of people are going to rage.

*passes shield*
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#4mistermikeymikePosted 3/14/2013 8:36:13 PM
see i disagree. because in Skyrim there are different rules to society compared to us. Just like how we don't like suicide and in Japan suicide can be considered honorable.

I'd argue that it's about as much genocide as the bombings in World War II. It's war, and there are going to be casualties. Furthermore i'd probably liken it to several hundreds years ago where there was no Geneva convention. Genocide wasn't considered as bad then.

Or an alternative aspect is the interactions between deer and humans. We hunt deer but don't really care.
---
You do not have a waifu.
#5Semi-Automatic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 8:42:38 PM
mistermikeymike posted...
see i disagree. because in Skyrim there are different rules to society compared to us. Just like how we don't like suicide and in Japan suicide can be considered honorable.

I'd argue that it's about as much genocide as the bombings in World War II. It's war, and there are going to be casualties. Furthermore i'd probably liken it to several hundreds years ago where there was no Geneva convention. Genocide wasn't considered as bad then.

Or an alternative aspect is the interactions between deer and humans. We hunt deer but don't really care.

Really good comment..I like that you disagreed but actually have a legitimate opinion.

here is the problem I have that though.

1. Japanese don't see suicide as honorable(Japan actually leads the world in suicide committed daily, BY A LOT that country has the highest yearly suicide rate out of any country) and if you were referring to samurai then Samurai, Seppuku was committed purely from being DISHONERED. like I allowed my family posessions to be stolen; so I no longer have a reason to live- type of thing. Very thin rope to walk using that example.

2. Yes we do hunt animals but we don't cease to rid them of the earth i.e genocide. We have to do to the biology of nature and the food chain. Very different from ol' Parthuunax who was no better than a human eradicator.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#6Dreadsword101Posted 3/14/2013 9:01:21 PM
Here we go again...

*headdesk*
#7THAASSASSINPosted 3/14/2013 9:09:19 PM
Mass genecide kinda like count gargamel or wha the hell ever his name is, is doin to the smurfs
---
I be that pretty mother f-----
#8ninji_Posted 3/14/2013 9:12:11 PM
Semi-Automatic posted...
mistermikeymike posted...

Really good comment..I like that you disagreed but actually have a legitimate opinion.

here is the problem I have that though.

1. Japanese don't see suicide as honorable(Japan actually leads the world in suicide committed daily, BY A LOT that country has the highest yearly suicide rate out of any country) and if you were referring to samurai then Samurai, Seppuku was committed purely from being DISHONERED. like I allowed my family posessions to be stolen; so I no longer have a reason to live- type of thing. Very thin rope to walk using that example.

2. Yes we do hunt animals but we don't cease to rid them of the earth i.e genocide. We have to do to the biology of nature and the food chain. Very different from ol' Parthuunax who was no better than a human eradicator.

Bolded the point, Parthuunax 'was' no better. It was in his nature to kill, yet he fought against it and eventually won against his instincts. Yes he killed, though more or less under alduins orders none the less.

Not saying hes innocent in the case of mass murders if we were to judge him as a human would another [lets not bring real world things into a fantasy game]. Though for a dragon it definitely is commendable to fight against their instinctive nature, it is like fighting against true fear [like the fear of death for this example]. The reason we fear [in most cases, like the threat of death] is because instinctively we want to preserve ourselves, our life.

People have had to train to do defy those fears [doing dangerous tricks ect.], yet most dont. While yes, fear is not the equivalent of committing mass killings [in most cases I would guess, but going farther into that thread is useless for this point im trying to make] It still is the closest I can get to providing a adequate example of a instinct.
---
-Quote:EmperorCarnate-
Hey, I'll stand on my soap box and spew false information all I please, this is Gfaqs, baby.
#9BeidhaPosted 3/14/2013 9:31:59 PM
You again...

Without Paarthurnax, mortals wouldn't have stood a chance in the Dragon War. He PREVENTED a genocide.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#10Kai_LagunaPosted 3/14/2013 9:39:41 PM
He can't be forgiven. The whole point is that he's TRYING, which is more than any other dragon did.