What did Parthuunax did was unforgivable brb committing mass genocide

#71RebelElite791Posted 3/16/2013 1:36:16 PM
Lostout posted...
The way I see is that Parthy only helped the humans because he knew he could not beat Alduin. He doesn't care about humanity at all he "helps"stop Alduin then sits comfortably on a mountain waiting for someone to show up who can kill him for good. Once that happens he literally two seconds later decides he's going to try and take over.

What else would he do? Fly around trying to do stuff in a world that hates and wants to kill him? He helped stop Alduin TWICE. He cares about the kalpa, and its people. This is clear.

He's an opportunist IMO he may have overcome his murderous side but only to advance himself, he needed humans/DB to kill Alduin to make room for him. Once he's king yeah he probably won't go on a killing spree but only because he knows that the DB would just kill him too.

Yeah, because he's really been ruling over the world of man the past thousands of years since Alduin was defeated the first time. OH WAIT NO HE HASNT LOL XD

Seriously, you know he helped the first time too right? Probably not, you don't seem very up to date.

You also only have his word that he has reformed too, like why are there only 4 Greybeards in that huge castle? People in Skyrim still talk about dragons maybe he's been spotted over the years murdering a village or two. I don't trust him but damn if he doesn't have a cool voice.

Probably because Nords distrust magic, because they're stupid f***s, and so the Voice has fallen out of favor.

Also no, they don't talk about seeing dragons murdering villages. They talk about dragons as something they didn't even THINK WERE REAL until now. Please, think before you post such utter tripe.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#72forrestzK08Posted 3/16/2013 1:49:33 PM
Everyone takes this so seriously and tries to justify their decision. His speaking just annoyed the f*** out of me.
---
Sorry about any spelling mistakes. Most of my posts are from my phone when I'm bored at work.
#73BeidhaPosted 3/16/2013 5:54:05 PM
I just think Paarthy is a pretty cool dude, and killing pretty cool dudes is wrong. If the Blades have a problem with that, I can give them some advice on where to shove it.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#74violentdissmayPosted 3/16/2013 6:24:26 PM
Semi-Automatic posted...
I don't see how people can justify his selfish actions. And then he had the nerve to be sad whenever Alduin was killed. Killing him on every playthrough is the best part. Oh, but thanks for the firebreath shout.

I wasnt aware he could die, Ive tried, but he just sits there and looks at me and never dies.
---
Up with this I will not put! - Bernard Black
#75ShaminardrgnPosted 3/16/2013 6:49:39 PM
forrestzK08 posted...
Everyone takes this so seriously and tries to justify their decision. His speaking just annoyed the f*** out of me.

The reason why people take this seriosuly is because this is the one quest where you're hit with a morale dilemma, and you're not given any other option to resolve it with diplomacy or clemancy. In real life, none of you would do what they say as we all have morales, and one is 'forgiveness' and 'let it go'. Paarthy did do bad things, but they were well over 4000 years ago, and he's allready sought penance from the gods, who sent Kyne to asked him teach humans the thu'um; therefore, I see that killing him means you insult the gods themselves, and you don't want to insult the gods.

There is a PC mod called "the Paarthunax dilemma" and you can tell the blades to drop it (you have to use force and even threaten them) and they will let it go and follow your orders, or you can kill Paarthy, but he won't be alone. He said he was going to educate dragons on the way of the voice, and he will have several 'students' who are willing to learn and overcome their dominating instincts; attack him and you'll have several VERY angry dragons to deal with.

Shame Bethesda didn't think of this idea in the first place. They could make it so you can (a) kill Paarthunax, rejoin the Blades, (b) kill/ignore the blades and spare Paarthunax, (c) reprimand the Blades, spare Paarthunax, which would be the best decision, and the Greybeards would give you a set of their robes that has a one-of-a-kind enchantment on them because you used a peacefull method to solve the problem.
---
"If Ripto were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind!" : Moneybags from Spyro 2
#76Darg727Posted 3/16/2013 9:05:49 PM
Shaminardrgn posted...
forrestzK08 posted...

The reason why people take this seriosuly is because this is the one quest where you're hit with a morale dilemma, and you're not given any other option to resolve it with diplomacy or clemancy. In real life, none of you would do what they say as we all have morales, and one is 'forgiveness' and 'let it go'. Paarthy did do bad things, but they were well over 4000 years ago, and he's allready sought penance from the gods, who sent Kyne to asked him teach humans the thu'um; therefore, I see that killing him means you insult the gods themselves, and you don't want to insult the gods.

There is a PC mod called "the Paarthunax dilemma" and you can tell the blades to drop it (you have to use force and even threaten them) and they will let it go and follow your orders, or you can kill Paarthy, but he won't be alone. He said he was going to educate dragons on the way of the voice, and he will have several 'students' who are willing to learn and overcome their dominating instincts; attack him and you'll have several VERY angry dragons to deal with.

Shame Bethesda didn't think of this idea in the first place. They could make it so you can (a) kill Paarthunax, rejoin the Blades, (b) kill/ignore the blades and spare Paarthunax, (c) reprimand the Blades, spare Paarthunax, which would be the best decision, and the Greybeards would give you a set of their robes that has a one-of-a-kind enchantment on them because you used a peacefull method to solve the problem.

Biggest reason to get skyrim on PC right there. That one reason is pretty much single handedly made me want get a computer that can run skyrim which has been delayed 3 months now. The other biggest draw is that I can fix master spells and make destruction spells scale. But definitely like paarthurnax and think he will be a huge asset when alduin returns.

One last thing. The people of the past already passed their judgement and let him live so basing your killing of Paarthurnax on past atrosities is kind of a moot point when you think about it. It is like coming up with just any excuse to help you choose with a clear conscience. Let me make it simple: your are either a dragonslayer or not.
#77Brenz0rPosted 3/16/2013 9:42:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#78Brenz0rPosted 3/16/2013 10:43:51 PM
Darg727 posted...
Let me make it simple: your are either a dragonslayer or not.

Delphine and Esbern are the ones who insist that the Dragonborn is a dragonslayer (and that they're also dragonslayers). While a Dragonborn can function as a dragonslayer, not all Dragonborn have the same kind of soul of a dragon (see: Alessia), and killing dragons is not necessarily the primary function of a Dragonborn anyway.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#79deadpool223Posted 3/17/2013 3:39:21 AM
forrestzK08 posted...

honestly thats why i kill him normally.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#80IronticsDragonLPosted 3/17/2013 5:45:33 AM
Really, I've never killed Parth because people change, he is most likely deemed as a permanent enemy to Alduin, so he tries to help the PC kill him. That, and his voice actor is Charles Martinet.
---
Violence breeds Violence
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: IronticsDragonL NNID: IronticsDragonL Pawn( PS3) Melissa