*What if thread* EA buys Bethesda for 4.7 billion dollars.

#195_EclipsePosted 3/14/2013 10:17:31 PM(edited)
Today(Friday March 15th, 2013), Bethesda announced it has sold all of its development firms, and IP's too EA. Shortly after, EA assured gamers that they would continue all of Bethesda's great games.

In an event after the sale, EA representatives spoke about the possibilities of releasing a Elder Scrolls every two years, and how using micro-transactions could make the game far more enjoyable. And that Bethesda Softworks will continue to program the games, under EA.

Another spokesmen talked about how adding multiplayer to the Elder scrolls would help to widen the fanbase of the game, and that they would make sure that it would be easy for casuals to pick it up and play. With the use of Micro-transactions, they could upgrade their gear much earlier on, or perhaps skip a few levels or buy some spells. "The possibilities are endless".

EA has stated it is setting a release window for Elder Scolls VI for 2014 and hopes to follow up with Elder scrolls VII in 2016.

Also noted, was the Fallout series, in which EA has similar Ideas, but has scheduled the first game for 2015, and the second for 2017 respectively.

---End.

How would you react to this news if it really happened? o.o
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#2ninji_Posted 3/14/2013 10:19:09 PM(edited)
I would not buy EA made Bethesda games.

I would move on to a different gaming series.
---
-Quote:EmperorCarnate-
Hey, I'll stand on my soap box and spew false information all I please, this is Gfaqs, baby.
#395_Eclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 10:18:54 PM
ninji_ posted...
I would not buy Bethesda games anymore.

Lol, me either. I'd probably cry tbh >.>
---
#4Flow_149Posted 3/14/2013 10:20:01 PM
ninji_ posted...
I would not buy Bethesda games anymore.

This. I just can't stand day 1 dlc and being forced to pay for dragon/deadric armor isn't my cup of tea. There will be increased dlc support, but come on. . .
#5Bigj089Posted 3/14/2013 10:21:22 PM
Id wake up and be thankful it was just a nightmare.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#695_Eclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 10:22:46 PM
Bigj089 posted...
Id wake up and be thankful it was just a nightmare.

lol!
---
#7bloodgod92Posted 3/14/2013 10:23:11 PM
I would refuse to buy a game for £40 where you cant do anything unless you buy every single item, level, quest, npc, map, companion and texture separately for 2400 MS points each.
---
Gamer Tag - Aldora92
Currently Playing - Mass Effect 3 MP
#895_Eclipse(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 10:26:31 PM
Just to clear one thing up (SO FAR anyway) micro-transactions have been in the form of quickly unlocking what you can simply get for free by playing the game normally.

Take Battlefield for example, you can play the game and unlock all the kit weapons, or you can pay for the kit with real money like an idiot.
---
#9HatchetHoundPosted 3/14/2013 10:29:02 PM
I would not give one flying f*** what they'd do to ES, but touch my Fallout and I stop buying Fallout games.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#10Dreadsword101Posted 3/14/2013 10:35:29 PM
Shout "NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" towards the sky as loud as I possibly could.