Any PC users on here know what the new level cap is yet?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Any PC users on here know what the new level cap is yet?
3 years ago#1
I'm sure we would all like to know.
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
3 years ago#2
I thought there was NO level cap.
3 years ago#3
Evil_Sandwich posted...
I thought there was NO level cap.
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
3 years ago#4
Hypothetically.

However, the game may only go so high before reaching a limit or creating a "bug of doom" or some other such thing.
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
3 years ago#5
Well that's what they say, but nobody has confirmed if its just been moved to a higher number or if it really doesn't have a cap. Mostly I'm wondering if its caps a 255 or not, I know if you get more perk points than that all your perk points will disappear. So I dunno.
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
3 years ago#6
LiqiudusSnake posted...
Well that's what they say, but nobody has confirmed if its just been moved to a higher number or if it really doesn't have a cap. Mostly I'm wondering if its caps a 255 or not, I know if you get more perk points than that all your perk points will disappear. So I dunno.

It depends on the data storing format. 8 bit format supports the values 0-255 which is why base stats in morrowind and oblivion cap at 255 as the engine uses 8bit formatting.

I don't know the data formatting of the Creation engine and you would need specific coding knowledge and tools to locate it in the source code.
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
3 years ago#7
I have seen some trying to figure out the numbers on it and the theory was somewhere in the 6,000s I think. Whether their math is right or not I haven't a clue since I figure its higher than I'll need to get to get all the perks. I doubt anyone is going to see that level cap any time soon.
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.
3 years ago#8
I can't tell you for sure, but it's somewhere way beyond getting all the perks, and even further beyond feasibly reaching without using exploits.
Don't let the dragon drag on!
3 years ago#9
the "cap" will be in the 60,000s
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
3 years ago#10
65,025... which I thought I typed in like three posts ago.

That's the theory anyway. Whatever, my comp is being screwy. = /
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
My dragon shout flow is sweeter than a SodaStream!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Any PC users on here know what the new level cap is yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived