Any PC users on here know what the new level cap is yet?

#1LiqiudusSnakePosted 3/14/2013 9:22:05 PM
I'm sure we would all like to know.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#2Evil_SandwichPosted 3/14/2013 9:36:35 PM
I thought there was NO level cap.
#3PathlessBulletPosted 3/14/2013 9:37:37 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
I thought there was NO level cap.

---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#4NathypantsPosted 3/14/2013 9:39:37 PM
Hypothetically.

However, the game may only go so high before reaching a limit or creating a "bug of doom" or some other such thing.
---
~If you sprinkle when you tinkle~
~Be a sweetie and wipe the seaty~
#5LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 9:40:49 PM
Well that's what they say, but nobody has confirmed if its just been moved to a higher number or if it really doesn't have a cap. Mostly I'm wondering if its caps a 255 or not, I know if you get more perk points than that all your perk points will disappear. So I dunno.
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#6ghosta2Posted 3/14/2013 11:08:57 PM
LiqiudusSnake posted...
Well that's what they say, but nobody has confirmed if its just been moved to a higher number or if it really doesn't have a cap. Mostly I'm wondering if its caps a 255 or not, I know if you get more perk points than that all your perk points will disappear. So I dunno.

It depends on the data storing format. 8 bit format supports the values 0-255 which is why base stats in morrowind and oblivion cap at 255 as the engine uses 8bit formatting.

I don't know the data formatting of the Creation engine and you would need specific coding knowledge and tools to locate it in the source code.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#7DragonLWPosted 3/14/2013 11:13:32 PM
I have seen some trying to figure out the numbers on it and the theory was somewhere in the 6,000s I think. Whether their math is right or not I haven't a clue since I figure its higher than I'll need to get to get all the perks. I doubt anyone is going to see that level cap any time soon.
---
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.
#8HoonDingPosted 3/14/2013 11:49:48 PM
I can't tell you for sure, but it's somewhere way beyond getting all the perks, and even further beyond feasibly reaching without using exploits.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#9lunarswordPosted 3/14/2013 11:56:38 PM
the "cap" will be in the 60,000s
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#10IamI3rianPosted 3/15/2013 12:05:13 AM
65,025... which I thought I typed in like three posts ago.

That's the theory anyway. Whatever, my comp is being screwy. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
My dragon shout flow is sweeter than a SodaStream!