Where do you stand on Madanach?

#21mandalore2385Posted 3/15/2013 1:40:46 AM
A_Dirty_Liberal posted...

Huh, they always seemed to be more like the Welsh to me. Maybe we can agree that they are clearly based on the celtic natives of the British Isles pre saxon invasions?

All I have to say is "THE REACH WILL BE OURS AGAIN"

As far as the forsworn being "evil" Millions of people around the world believe that by eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a holy man they will gain immortality. That's communion in Christianity in case you didn't know. Speaking of, when was the last time you sacrificed a goat to Yavhev? All Abramaic religions mention goat sacrifices to Yavhev (Islam, Christianity, Judaism, and countless smaller faiths). Most of the world's religions involve blood sacrifices, and the worlds most dominant directly encourages cannibalism.

(can't type hebrew, and may be mistransliterating "Yahvev").

Have you even Looked at the New Testament? The whole point of Jesus being crucified was to be the Last sacrifice, to Christians, anyway.
#22A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 3/15/2013 1:53:20 AM
mandalore2385 posted...
A_Dirty_Liberal posted...

Huh, they always seemed to be more like the Welsh to me. Maybe we can agree that they are clearly based on the celtic natives of the British Isles pre saxon invasions?

All I have to say is "THE REACH WILL BE OURS AGAIN"

As far as the forsworn being "evil" Millions of people around the world believe that by eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a holy man they will gain immortality. That's communion in Christianity in case you didn't know. Speaking of, when was the last time you sacrificed a goat to Yavhev? All Abramaic religions mention goat sacrifices to Yavhev (Islam, Christianity, Judaism, and countless smaller faiths). Most of the world's religions involve blood sacrifices, and the worlds most dominant directly encourages cannibalism.

(can't type hebrew, and may be mistransliterating "Yahvev").

Have you even Looked at the New Testament? The whole point of Jesus being crucified was to be the Last sacrifice, to Christians, anyway.

I probably know the new testament better than most Christians (I am not one to be clear, but am extremely familiar with the religion). My point still stands that sacrifice is still integral to the belief in ALL Aramaic religions. Is it not by consuming said last sacrifices blood and flesh and the fact that said sacrifice was sacrificed in the first place that one enters Heaven. I can cite verses if you really want, but people tend to be horrified and question their religious doctrines when I start reading the bible to them.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#23CarmineAnthonyPosted 3/15/2013 2:08:46 AM
Your point is extremely valid Dirty Liberal. The Forsworn practices don't make them stand out in our world's history or in Tamriel's as particularly evil. I am inclined to side with them when I play the game, because they stand on the edge of genocide, but this facet of the game suffers from the Civil War facet does--overuse of the "shades of grey" concept.

Skyrim tries too hard to achieve realism by making all of the factions and major characters morally grey, making them all pretty bad as opposed to a balance, which would be more realistic in the end. Ulfric is bad, the Thalmor are bad, Tullius is bad, the Forsworn and Silverbloods are bad... that is how I see it at least. I miss actual heroes within the bleakness.
---
KENNEDY: Heavens to Betsy.
#24A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 3/15/2013 2:29:05 AM
Well, whether this is overly done depends on just how much of a cynic you are. I'm pretty cynical myself, so I didnt see it is quite so overdone. In a way I think the morality issues in Skyrim are a good way of making people question what they view as proper moral behaviour, which leads to them coming to their own conclusions and values. Nietzsche would approve of Skyrim.

With regards to Brian's opinion, what he sees as crossing the line towards irredeemable evil, I see as something to pity. Losing your home and being so sad about it you'll make a deal with the Hagravens just so your friends and family can have theirs back (Read the Legend of Red Eagle for lore on Briarhearts.).
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#25CarmineAnthonyPosted 3/15/2013 2:39:03 AM
Point taken. I am not a very cynical person, so I did take is as overdone... sort of a rejection of fantasy genre tropes gone too far. The case could be made that some of the characters in the game believe what they do to be good, such as the Forsworn, but this is never really explored.

I too pity the Forsworn, and wish they were a joinable faction more than any of the other non-joinable factions, because maybe then we would see that side of them.
---
KENNEDY: Heavens to Betsy.
#26Cast_SupremacyPosted 3/15/2013 4:54:37 AM
DragonLW posted...
I kill him and his minions because I don't want them possibly killing any of the shop keeps out in the city as they fight their way out.

Do the breakout at around 2 or 3 am, everyone will be asleep and no-one will die (except for guards) worked for me!

@Rebel - Is that an actual consequence of releasing them? a farm being pillaged? Never heard of that. Sounds similar to later finding the Lorius, or however you spell it, family abd all their animals slaughtered if you turn Cicero in to the guard..
#27chosequinPosted 3/15/2013 6:13:34 AM
CRtwenty posted...
I kill him, and then kill the Silver-Blood guy when he tries to thank me outside.
Screw both of them.

^^^
This pretty much.
---
"Dollar & A Dream"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOntBbHmXSc
#28Ajd_KingPosted 3/15/2013 6:27:48 AM
Killed his ass.

The Forsworn as Caesar's Legion without any of the good sides.
---
"Stannis... in spite of everything, he is a righteous man."
- GRRM.
#29master_gamr1231Posted 3/15/2013 6:37:25 AM
chosequin posted...
CRtwenty posted...
I kill him, and then kill the Silver-Blood guy when he tries to thank me outside.
Screw both of them.

^^^
This pretty much.

Yeah, this. They're both awful. The forsworn slaughter the city while Thonar runs his corrupt little empire (and used to run the forsworn) and gets rid of innocent people like Eltrys and you. Just like I how I love removing characters' essential status and beheading Ulfric and Galmar immediately after finishing the civil war for the Stormcloaks.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#30PimpHandofGodPosted 3/15/2013 7:17:34 AM
deadpool223 posted...
i actually liked the forsworn for a while until i ran into that girls dead body in a ot spring. after that i just kill him

The naked one? What made you think that was The Forsworn? I just assumed it was bandits.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2