3+ standing stones at one time?

#1NepharenPosted 3/15/2013 2:15:22 PM
Was looking on uesp out of boredom and came across a new tidbit I've not heard before. Use the aetherial crown and gain two standing stones powers, uninstall dawnguard, now one standing stone is permanent. Reinstall dawnguard and repeat process, now two standing stone powers are permanent and one can be gained as normal.

The site says it doesn't work for Xbox but the discussion page suggests otherwise, has anyone tried this before?
#2SpoonForkKnifePosted 3/15/2013 2:19:18 PM
So potentially all standing stones hmmmmmm, do you know if I uninstall dawnguard if I will lose the content/progress or only on the characters I load up?
---
7+7=cat tango+cash=marshmallows I like spoons
There is a direct correlation between the sales of Alphabetty spaghetti and the intelligence of cows
#3BipBapBamPosted 3/15/2013 2:21:06 PM
you'd have to do that same quest over and over again though >_>
---
Victory is my destiny.
GT: Noitrez
#4h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 3/15/2013 2:21:27 PM
Since the crown is a DLC item, I imagine uninstalling the DLC would cause the game to glitch/crash. So I'm not sure how well this would work.
---
"At least Harbinger came up with his own catchphrase. Obama has to steal his from Bob the builder." -iamdanthaman
#5Nepharen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 2:28:33 PM(edited)
If dawnguard is uninstalled, all dawnguard content is removed: quest progression, quest related items, dragonbone weapons, powers, etc...

The standing stone powers on the other hand were present before the dlc therefore one could reason that they would still persist. I have removed dlc content before when facing a game breaking bug and reattempted the dlc afterwards with no problem, but I've never done it to introduce a beneficial glitch.

As stated before, I don't know if this will actually work on Xbox and I am checking to see if anyone has accomplished this feat.
#6LockeadonPosted 3/15/2013 3:50:33 PM
Nepharen posted...
If dawnguard is uninstalled, all dawnguard content is removed: quest progression, quest related items, dragonbone weapons, powers, etc...

The standing stone powers on the other hand were present before the dlc therefore one could reason that they would still persist. I have removed dlc content before when facing a game breaking bug and reattempted the dlc afterwards with no problem, but I've never done it to introduce a beneficial glitch.

As stated before, I don't know if this will actually work on Xbox and I am checking to see if anyone has accomplished this feat.

i currently have 3 standing stone abilities in my active effects. mage stone lover stone and steed stone. i had mage stone the old fashioned way and lover stone on the crown. i went to the steed stone and removed the crown then activated it and paused almost immediately after (i wanted to save but it wouldnt let me). i then unpaused and paused repeatedly until it let me save. and then i put my crown back on and noticed i had three now. no idea how it happened really.

seems like a totally different method though o.o

on x-box of course
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#7Nepharen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 3:54:08 PM
@ Lockeadon

That's an interesting method. Definetly seems like a more preferable method to gain multiple standing stone powers and it's proven to work on Xbox. Thank you sir.
#8DocOdinePosted 3/15/2013 4:17:49 PM
Nepharen posted...
@ Lockeadon

That's an interesting method. Definetly seems like a more preferable method to gain multiple standing stone powers and it's proven to work on Xbox. Thank you sir.

I'll second his method. One of my characters has permanent Mage Stone. Still not really sure how though.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#9Evil_SandwichPosted 3/15/2013 4:22:52 PM
I got this glitch once, I just reloaded though cuz having 3 Standing Stones sorta felt like cheatin'.
#10Nepharen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 4:31:45 PM
The main standing stones I'm interested in having are the ones that actually grant a greater power: serpent, tower, ritual, and shadow. The usefulness of these powers with a once per day limit is questionable at best but fits one who is "blessed".

For the ones who successfully obtained a permanent standing stone; if you go back and re-obtain that power normally then get a new one, does it remove the permanent power?