is dragonborn hearthfire dawnguard good been thinking of buying these

#1cybersub0Posted 3/15/2013 4:06:05 PM
I got all of fallouts DLCs in ultimate editon should I buy all these now or wait for GOTY edtion for skyrim? And how good are these DLC
---
The world ends........... But the gamer plays on
I am a pakistani read this before saying anything about my grammer
#2LockeadonPosted 3/15/2013 4:19:44 PM
given that there is still more dlc coming according to bethesda, the goty edition may be a long wait. i like all 3 dlc especially dawnguard and dragonborn. hearthfire is great for people who like to craft or RP or just want to adopt some war orphans. it makes crafting significantly less of a chore, especially for alchemists.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#3princezilkPosted 3/16/2013 6:44:20 PM
I truly enjoyed all of them. Currently running through Dragonborn, and loving it.
#4Omega_GilgameshPosted 3/16/2013 7:08:29 PM
Hearthfire is either hit or miss, it'll appeal to those who think it'd be cool, but not to everyone. But for five dollars, you can get a lot worse. Personally, I love having my characters, even those who I don't RP with, have a place they can call home. Really helps with my immersion.

Dragonborn is awesome, but not exactly friendly for lower level characters. However, it has probably the best offensive magic spell in the game: Ignite. It does 4 damage per second for 15 seconds. Get Aspect of Terror on the Illusion skill tree, and that goes up to 14 damage per second for 15 seconds. Add onto that that fire damage is the most common elemental weakness in Skyrim. Oh, and did I mention it STACKS! Meaning if I shot an enemy three times in three seconds, that enemy would take 630 damage across 18 seconds. And you add them infinitely onto the enemy and watch their health bar plumet exponentially every second.

Sorry, just now playing a spellsword who uses it. Anyways, Dragonborn includes a lot more than just several awesome new spells, passive abilities (such as having your spells and shouts NOT hurt your allies, for one), armor/weapon, it includes a huge new area to play, which will bring a HUGE rush of nostalgia if you played the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind (it even includes Morrowind's main theme).

Dawnguard is a little more like Knights of the Nine, in that it takes place entirely in Skyrim, just in caves and castles there weren't there before, rather than giving you whole new lands to explore. There's actually very little exploration to be done until the latter part of the game. The Vampire Lord transformation isn't as cool as I thought it would be, especially since it frequently causes you to not fit through doorways or tunnels, but the perk trees for that and the new one for Werewolves really adds to the experience, along with a few new spells, abilities, weapons/armor, and with Dawnguard you can craft arrows and even dragonbone weapons that are stronger than daedric quality!

However, Dawnguard has a few minuses that I don't like. After level 10, there's a good chance that fast traveling to a town or city at night will cause a vampire attack on that town, which often results in the permanent deaths of merchants and quest givers. REALLY annoying. Everytime I fast travel to a civilized part of the world now, I save first.
---
The World's Most Interesting Man: I don't always herp, but when I do, I derp.
#5cybersub0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 7:40:52 PM
Omega_Gilgamesh posted...
Hearthfire is either hit or miss, it'll appeal to those who think it'd be cool, but not to everyone. But for five dollars, you can get a lot worse. Personally, I love having my characters, even those who I don't RP with, have a place they can call home. Really helps with my immersion.

Dragonborn is awesome, but not exactly friendly for lower level characters. However, it has probably the best offensive magic spell in the game: Ignite. It does 4 damage per second for 15 seconds. Get Aspect of Terror on the Illusion skill tree, and that goes up to 14 damage per second for 15 seconds. Add onto that that fire damage is the most common elemental weakness in Skyrim. Oh, and did I mention it STACKS! Meaning if I shot an enemy three times in three seconds, that enemy would take 630 damage across 18 seconds. And you add them infinitely onto the enemy and watch their health bar plumet exponentially every second.

Sorry, just now playing a spellsword who uses it. Anyways, Dragonborn includes a lot more than just several awesome new spells, passive abilities (such as having your spells and shouts NOT hurt your allies, for one), armor/weapon, it includes a huge new area to play, which will bring a HUGE rush of nostalgia if you played the Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind (it even includes Morrowind's main theme).

Dawnguard is a little more like Knights of the Nine, in that it takes place entirely in Skyrim, just in caves and castles there weren't there before, rather than giving you whole new lands to explore. There's actually very little exploration to be done until the latter part of the game. The Vampire Lord transformation isn't as cool as I thought it would be, especially since it frequently causes you to not fit through doorways or tunnels, but the perk trees for that and the new one for Werewolves really adds to the experience, along with a few new spells, abilities, weapons/armor, and with Dawnguard you can craft arrows and even dragonbone weapons that are stronger than daedric quality!

However, Dawnguard has a few minuses that I don't like. After level 10, there's a good chance that fast traveling to a town or city at night will cause a vampire attack on that town, which often results in the permanent deaths of merchants and quest givers. REALLY annoying. Everytime I fast travel to a civilized part of the world now, I save first.

Dragonborn sounds awsome! Dawnguard looks good and hearthfire would be great for roleplaying
---
The world ends........... But the gamer plays on
I am a pakistani read this before saying anything about my grammer
#6ARsignal11Posted 3/22/2013 11:09:51 AM
Hopefully you haven't bought these yet. All three will be on sale next week, 50% off.
#7CrazyLazPosted 3/22/2013 3:05:39 PM
I got around the random vampire attacks by fast travelling in such a way that I land in the city at night, when most of the vendors are in their homes and out of harm's way. In addition, I've noticed the number of attacks seems to drop once you start the Dawnguard quest-line.

I didn't think I would like a 'vampire hunter' type of plug-in, but that was forgotten the first time I improved an Enchanced Dwarven Crossbow at the grindstone....You ever wonder why a guard never complains about a crossbow bolt in the knee? Shoot one and you'll know why.
#8SpaceCoyotePosted 3/22/2013 3:26:56 PM
Omega_Gilgamesh posted...

I hate that. I always fast travel to just outside of town and then make sure I wait until daylight to enter the town. For example I go to Whiterun stables and then wait a few hours until about 10 AM then fast travel in to Whiterun itself. That works 9 times out of 10. And the whole issue goes away once you complete the main Dawnguard questline.