Would you like to see this game on the 720/PS4?

#21Arn544Posted 3/16/2013 2:58:20 PM
DRAGON07891230 posted...
Arn544 posted...
the_arisen posted...
DRAGON07891230 posted...
Arn544 posted...
Wow lol

people are really overestimating the effort it takes to port something, skyrim is ALREADY MADE
and it's already made at the max level graphics needed for the ps4, it would be a very simple port
it would just be a skyrim with max PC graphics (minus mods) on a console, and the PS4 is designed to be easy to program for.

It wouldn't be expensive, it wouldn't take a large team, it would take absolutely 0 resources from Fallout 4 or TES 6. To answer the question, yes I'd love to see it on next gen consoles.

PS4 can't run max graphics. From the specs I've seen, not even close. It's a big jump up from consoles now, but it's not enough for max.

This... I used to be a giant console fanboy... then I found out that even brand new just developed consoles come out with approximately 3 year old technology. What a joke. So my laptop that I am typing on right now, has way better graphics capabilities and processing power than the current consoles. (even though it has an AMD graphics card instead of Nvidia *SHUDDERS*)

Also it seems like Microsoft and Sony want to do nothing more than bombard you with ads everytime you turn on one of their consoles... I remember when gaming used to be about gaming.When you could turn on your console and see the picture you set as your background, now that picture is covered up by ads telling me to download crackle, or netflix or whatever the xbox`s flavor of the month is.

I have to laugh when people think that the new consoles coming out will be able to compete with a current mid - top of the line range gaming computers. Thats why this year I will be building a gaming PC. Screw P$4 and Micro$oft.

That's just laughably not true, Ps4 could max skyrim easily

I have an i7 930 and a 7850 and I run it 60 fps on max settings easily, and the ps4 is actually better in both the CPU and GPU

Also the PC version of skyrim has a 2gb ram limit (there are mods for this of course) but a ps4 version of skyrim could utilize more ram.

No; The GPU has been compared to the 7850, not surpassing it. And the CPU is something out of a mid range laptop, not a desktop processor.
It also looks like they'll be splitting the ram between the CPU and the GPU, so it won't be a completete wonder machine.

"AMD's "Jaguar" is the successor to "Bobcat" which powers current C- and E-Series low-power APUs. The company is expected to launch its first batch of Jaguar-based APUs during the middle of 2013, codenamed as Kabini and Temash. These 28-nm chips will have power envelopes of 15W or less,and up to four cores."

I'll try to find something on the GPU.

" All in all, the PS4′s GPU is more exciting than the CPU (which is par for the course with game consoles), but again ó on paper at least ó it isnít spectacular."

It does surpass it, 7850's about 1.76 teraflops to 1.84
if you actually read up on it, they said it's between the 7850 and 7870 which means it's better than the 7850.

And PS4's CPU is not that weak, it's at least mid range

the Jaguar processor is at least 260% more powerful than the bobcat, PS4 is using *two* of them, and they'll be modified versions. The actual jaguar CPU is designed to have extremely low power consumption, ps4's version could have overclocking and use more power. We don't even know how it will perform yet.

Point is, yeah it may not be a power house but it's beats my computer which maxes Skyrim at 1920 x 1080 and 60fps, a PS4 port could max it too, there's really no debating it.
#22DRAGON07891230Posted 3/16/2013 5:37:14 PM
Arn544 posted...
DRAGON07891230 posted...
Arn544 posted...
the_arisen posted...
Arn544 posted...
Wow lol next gen consoles.

PS4 can't run max graphics. From the specs I've seen, not even close. It's a big jump up from consoles now, but it's not enough for max.

This.

That's just laughably not true, Ps4 could max skyrim easily

It does surpass it, 7850's about 1.76 teraflops to 1.84
if you actually read up on it, they said it's between the 7850 and 7870 which means it's better than the 7850.

And PS4's CPU is not that weak, it's at least mid range

the Jaguar processor is at least 260% more powerful than the bobcat, PS4 is using *two* of them, and they'll be modified versions. The actual jaguar CPU is designed to have extremely low power consumption, ps4's version could have overclocking and use more power. We don't even know how it will perform yet.

Point is, yeah it may not be a power house but it's beats my computer which maxes Skyrim at 1920 x 1080 and 60fps, a PS4 port could max it too, there's really no debating it.

As an aside, you say you can max it with a 7850 and an i7. I'm assembling an i5-3570k and a 7870 and from what I was reading I would only be able to get 40-50 fps on ultra. When you say max do you mean high, or ultra w/ 2k textures?
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh!
#23Arn544Posted 3/16/2013 6:54:55 PM
It's on the stock game's ultra (I'm pretty sure I didn't install a texture pack)

Only mod I think I have is the 4gb ram patch, that really made all the difference, before I upgraded to my 7850 I crossfired 2 5770s and I lagged like crazy even on lower resolutions until I added the 4gb ram mod.

It says Ultra on all my options where it's available, and high on the rest (basically the highest option I can choose)
and it's at 1920 x 1080 res with 8x AA and 16x AF, tested it with fraps and it's definitely running at 60 fps

Perhaps the texture pack would slow it down but I still wouldn't rule out the ps4 being able to max it at 60 fps.
#24charon78auPosted 3/16/2013 7:22:38 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
I'd rather see Fallout 4.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/Goku1983d/fonzie.jpg
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#25DRAGON07891230Posted 3/16/2013 9:20:33 PM
Arn544 posted...
It's on the stock game's ultra (I'm pretty sure I didn't install a texture pack)

Only mod I think I have is the 4gb ram patch, that really made all the difference, before I upgraded to my 7850 I crossfired 2 5770s and I lagged like crazy even on lower resolutions until I added the 4gb ram mod.

It says Ultra on all my options where it's available, and high on the rest (basically the highest option I can choose)
and it's at 1920 x 1080 res with 8x AA and 16x AF, tested it with fraps and it's definitely running at 60 fps

Perhaps the texture pack would slow it down but I still wouldn't rule out the ps4 being able to max it at 60 fps.

So the benchmarks I were looking at were way off mark?
---
_______()>===<()______........._______
[__]//P[__]======^^^^^^-------------------***** ( '_') > Uh Oh!
#26Kurama2Posted 3/16/2013 9:24:18 PM
I'd rather just see Betheseda make a decent game.
---
Leaf
#27dooyaunastanPosted 3/17/2013 2:56:30 PM
HoonDing posted...
No, if they're going to re-release anything, have it be Morrowind. Otherwise take us to Elswyer, that's the only place where the Dark Brotherhood still has a sanctuary and if we're to assume that the next game is going to have the Dark Brotherhood, well...

Or they could, you know, rebuild the Dark Brotherhood for the next game, or even completely remove it and add a new assassin's guild. What they did with the Mages Guild, and the College of Winterhold.

Anyway, it would be cool to see the GotY edition on the next-gen consoles (in addition to current gen), with the HD texture packs Bethesda released for the PC version, and maybe a few graphical tweaks.

Otherwise, just give us Fallout 4 and TESVI.

Sure, they already sort of did that with the Dark Brotherhood this run around and with the College seeing as how the Mage's Guild was split into two groups after the Oblivion crisis, but never even had any presence in Skyrim in the first place. It's just the only place mentioned in Skyrim bibliography regarding the Dark Brotherhood and in my opinion, offers a subtle hint at where the next ES game could text place.
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#28PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 3/17/2013 3:12:09 PM
Ew no.

I'd rather not play a game that is going to freeze all the time on a brand new system.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.