hmm having issues with fortify restoration exploit

#1HoustonBoy98Posted 3/15/2013 11:57:26 PM
ok so im using a circlet with 15% alch bonus
necklace with 1%
ring with 1%
and gloves with 3%

it seems to work once or twice, then i get stuck at 40% fortify restoration potions.

I think I may be doing something wrong
---
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win
XBL - Stillnacht
#2Kai_LagunaPosted 3/16/2013 12:21:20 AM
Are you making sure to unequip/reequip the gear every time you down a potion?
Gotta remember you are working in percentage increases here, might wanna craft up an intermediate set of looping gear when you reach 40%.
#3HoustonBoy98(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 12:30:23 AM
Kai_Laguna posted...
Gotta remember you are working in percentage increases here, might wanna craft up an intermediate set of looping gear when you reach 40%.

Yeah im gonna go dungeon diving for money to buy grand soul gems so that every piece is 8% at least....not 1% lol

i forgot it was multiplicative

another question.

Once I have the fortify restoration at whatever number I want. How do I turn that into smithing potions?

Just down the massive 6000% fort rest, then make a smithing potion?
---
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win
XBL - Stillnacht
#4Kai_LagunaPosted 3/16/2013 12:35:40 AM
Might not wanna make them quite that powerful. Stats tend to flip back over to 0 at a certain point, but yea, just down the fortify smithing/enchanting potion when you are ready.
#5HoustonBoy98(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 12:44:15 AM
I was probably going to stop at like 700% lol

had skyrim for a year and this is my first go at making these exploit potions
---
XBL - Stillnacht
#6F_GalikanokusPosted 3/16/2013 3:16:07 AM
Cheater cheater pumpkin eater
---
"We talked about whether it was racist or not. We came to the conclusion that it definitely isn't racist, so that was reassuring."
#7ilapostaPosted 3/16/2013 3:34:14 AM
HoustonBoy98 posted...
Kai_Laguna posted...

Yeah im gonna go dungeon diving for money to buy grand soul gems so that every piece is 8% at least....not 1% lol

i forgot it was multiplicative

another question.

Once I have the fortify restoration at whatever number I want. How do I turn that into smithing potions?

Just down the massive 6000% fort rest, then make a smithing potion?

Have you invested any perk points into alchemy. You might want to go as high as the first 2 levels on the first perk and then the 2 in the middle for good measure.

Once you make your first really high value potion you will max out alchemy in one shot.

Find an item with the smithing enchantment. Learn the enchantment and use that on a ring for smithing. and the same for alchemy as well.

Make ofrtify enchantment potions ( blue butterfly wings and snow berries are the way to go because easiest to find ) drink potion and make ring for alchemy ( or whatever you want ) and same for smithing. Now you are all set. Once you max enchanting you can put 2 enchantments on 1 item. I like to put smithing and alchemy together so I know I am all set. I also put health and magic or stamina on a necklace so I dont have to worry about removing it for quest that require changes in outfits.

once you upgrade your weapon with the smithing ring on the grind wheel and sell it you will max out speech as well.

Good luck.
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#8VincentVega13Posted 3/16/2013 3:44:29 AM
I somehow managed to make a 3,000,000-odd% fortify resto potion with no perks in alchemy, so you don't have to actively invest in alchemy perks. Completely ruined the game mind...
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.
#9heartherevengePosted 3/16/2013 3:56:41 AM
if you have the Krosis mask, it will increase the other 2 stats as well, and as long as you dont unequip the mask, it will always be high.

his mask has archery, lockpicking and alchemy at 20%.

the numbers wont change on the mask, but it will be pretty evident when you try to open a lock/use your bow that it has been boosted
---
psn::heartherevenge
GT: heretherevenge
#10HoustonBoy98(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 9:51:09 AM
hmm

its not going up as fast as i had hoped

i have a couple questions
when im doing it. should i wait for the first potion to wear off before using my 2nd one i made with higher alch skill?

2nd. if i am starting with
15% circlet
8% gauntlets
8% necklace
8% ring

about how many of the fort rest potions will I need to be making to reach upper levels.

I have enough fish for about 18 potions

I have 2/5 alchemist and Physician
---
XBL - Stillnacht